Home made pizza base ideas wanted (and toppings).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
oo, posh :smile:

Where I live there are several within a short cycle, and several Aldis. Spoilt for choice.

(note - light joke - things can be heavy online)

Oh if you are a Lidl fan I can recommend their strong cider - not the cheap fizz, the one at the dizzy heights of £1.15 for a half litre bottle. Called "vintage" I think. It's usually quite low down on the shelves to help its fans crawl towards it. Should go down well with a home made pizza of a summer evening.

I go to Lidl once every six to eight weeks to stock up on stuff.

Thanks for the heads up on the cider. :thumbsup: I'm actually teetotal, but might lay in a bottle or two for when I do normandy-style pork in the slow cooker. :hungry:

Thanks for the heads up on the cider. :thumbsup: I'm actually teetotal, but might lay in a bottle or two for when I do normandy-style pork in the slow cooker. :hungry:
everyone needs an excuse :smile:

I find it good - not too sweet - better than much more branded stuff costing a lot more.

I find it good - not too sweet - better than much more branded stuff costing a lot more.

Don't doubt that. A lot of big brands are overrated - more often than not, you can't distinguish between big brand and supermarket own. Sometimes, the own brand is actually better.

Pizzas are a good enough example (to bring back onto topic LOL). Pizza Express stuff is pretty so-so tbh. Will buy on yellow sticker if marked down to 20p or 50p, but truth be told, I'd much rather have the Co-op's "irresistible" pizzas - a staple of the YS cabinet in my local store and are really rather nice. A good stand by if we're having a busy day.

Still prefer to make my own if I have the time.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
oo, posh :smile:

Where I live there are several within a short cycle, and several Aldis. Spoilt for choice.

(note - light joke - things can be heavy online)

Oh if you are a Lidl fan I can recommend their strong cider - not the cheap fizz, the one at the dizzy heights of £1.15 for a half litre bottle. Called "vintage" I think. It's usually quite low down on the shelves to help its fans crawl towards it. Should go down well with a home made pizza of a summer evening.
I will give that a try. I dont generally drink cider (more a real ale fan) but putting the thought of a cold cider together with warm summer evenings ticks the boxes.

I will give that a try. I dont generally drink cider (more a real ale fan) but putting the thought of a cold cider together with warm summer evenings ticks the boxes.
I'm a real ale (or craft as the bearded youngsters prefer to call it) fan as well. If you try the vintage stuff (7.3%) would be interested in your views on it.

Top Bottom