Home office chairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Seeing as you spend so much of the time welded to a desk, I would not scrimp. My company did a lot of research many years ago and bought more than 5000 of these https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_gb/products/seating/office-chairs/mirra-2-chairs/ (available in sensible colours too). They are not cheap at above £600 each, but mine has lasted 10 years easily and I purchased one with my own money for use at home too (secondhand). They are incredibly adjustable and incredibly comfortable, without doubt I would repair or replace immediately if I needed to.

The company is now using the Herman Miller Aeron, which I also love, but would not pay the extra £300 personally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Seeing as you spend so much of the time welded to a desk, I would not scrimp. My company did a lot of research many years ago and bought more than 5000 of these https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_gb/products/seating/office-chairs/mirra-2-chairs/ (available in sensible colours too). They are not cheap at above £600 each, but mine has lasted 10 years easily and I purchased one with my own money for use at home too (secondhand). They are incredibly adjustable and incredibly comfortable, without doubt I would repair or replace immediately if I needed to.

The company is now using the Herman Miller Aeron, which I also love, but would not pay the extra £300 personally.
Thanks, they don't look especially padded? How deep is the seat (assume it slides forwards)? I'm not keen on plastic or mesh backs either :blush:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The base is nicely sprung and the plastic back has a lot of flex and great lumber support. The mesh back on the Aeron is slightly softer than the plastic of the Mirra. For the seat depth the front rolls down so on my chair (a medium) it is adjustable from about 40-50cm.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The base is nicely sprung and the plastic back has a lot of flex and great lumber support. The mesh back on the Aeron is slightly softer than the plastic of the Mirra. For the seat depth the front rolls down so on my chair (a medium) it is adjustable from about 40-50cm.
Thanks what's the difference between the 3 sizes? Practically?

GetFatty

Über Member
I've got a good gaming chair which is massively adjustable and comfy. It possibly falls down on the leather side of things. As I've not seen my home office for a week (other half has commandeered it and I'm on the sofa) I miss it. And my large screen. And desk.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The other thing I should add is that my office is small so I can't have anything enormous!

Attachments

• D4CD18A3-1002-41DD-9F68-B63FC80631CF.jpeg
    D4CD18A3-1002-41DD-9F68-B63FC80631CF.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you Dams Direct?

Dams are a wholesaler of a lot of designs you might recognise and Direct is their end user arm.

https://damsdirect.co.uk

None of their stuff is brilliant but I bought 3 chairs for £99 in totals and they lasted well over 15 years, but I had enough office space to rotate them each day.
I'm happy to pay for quality :okay: Your 'none of their stuff is brilliant' doesn't really sound like what Iam seeking :smile:

kynikos

Veteran
I've had a few over the years and the best by far is my current one - a Herman Miller Aeron. It's supremely comfortable and I can happily spend more than a full working day sat in it. It would be a leap of faith but £500 should get you a good refurbed example.

Top Bottom