Honest opinions please. Looking at releasing a new product.

Would you consider purchasing this tyoe of package in the future.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Think its a good way of getting people to use bikes who to date have been put due to lack of space. Personally, I dont have space issues but for someone without outside storage (shed/garage etc) these would be ideal.

I think the bars would sell far better than the pedals so if available separately would make more sense in my opinion.

Also, I think you may have overlooked a huge potential market with these... cycle carriers! - This could possibly allow more bikes on a roof mounted carrier due to far less space being taken up by the width of the bars

Very best of luck with this, I think youve done a superb job with it.

shrew

tbh id probably be concerned with the longivity of the bars, riding hard on a bike id be concerned id stress them and cause play, and at £120 i could say there would be no chance of me forking over that kind of cash.

i could see this product doing well maybe on halfords bikes as that is likely to be the market that would buy most of them and at £120 it costs as much as there bikes.

its a nice idea but you really need to work on getting that cost down dramatically imo

shrew

edit; missed you post saying bars only would be £75, without meaning to sound harsh, they would need to be about £30 imo as i can only see these being brought by occasional riders.

Twiggy

too expensive by far, and of no use to me, clipless, and drops.

The engineer in me has thought of a way to make drops that could reduce in width, and possibly even clipless peds. that fold away...
Yes, got a good idea in my head, probably been done to death already...

£120 is excessively expensive, if you could get the price down to under £60 then it might be more reasonable, but still rather limited in scope.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think Mark has hit the nail on the head here: in general, those with the greatest need for this product are least able to pay the kind of price you're discussing. It's really a product for people who live in small flats, and probably especially those in flat-shares (and thus don't want to annoy their flatmates with the space a bike takes up in a shared hall), and that's a market with limited disposable income.

I like HJ's idea, though: make them lockable and you'll confuse bike thieves.

Space is an issue for me with 3 bikes, a workbench and garden tools all to fit in the shed, and stand the bikes close enough to the steel bar that they are all locked to

However...

As someone else said a nice simple device to loosen the steerer and turn 90 degrees could be a winner.

A nice simple device already exists and I use it for my MTB when putting it away

6zo6zt.jpg

Top Bottom