Honking on yer Brompton - can you, do you?

Honking on yer Brommie?

• I can and do regularly

• I can without issue but don't find it any benefit

• I can but it's a bit lairy, so generally don't

• Not on your nellie (just can't)

• Ronnie Pickering

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
He's on a 6 speed, so now 6 times more awesome!
Au contraire .... 6 times LESS awesome!

Kell

Veteran
I do, but then my bars are not standard. They're about an inch wider each side and have bar ends on. This makes the bike feel a lot more stable when out the seat, but it's still a little bit 'fidgety'.

12boy

Guru
I am with Kell on this...yesterday I actually thought about what I was doing when I was standing on the pedals and realized when my palms were down on the bar it felt so much less secure than when I use the "shake hands" grip on the bar ends.

Kell

Veteran
I think the stability issues come from the bike being so short.

Similar to when I first bought a road bike after riding MTBs for the best part of 25 years. THe road bike felt twitchy the first time I got out the saddle, but that feels really solid compared to a standard Brompton.

My bar ends extend a fair bit out the front and help to make it feel more solid.

20284_10152890478466021_7495776447938293737_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think the stability issues come from the bike being so short.

Similar to when I first bought a road bike after riding MTBs for the best part of 25 years. THe road bike felt twitchy the first time I got out the saddle, but that feels really solid compared to a standard Brompton.

My bar ends extend a fair bit out the front and help to make it feel more solid.

20284_10152890478466021_7495776447938293737_n.jpg

It looks like it's curtseying
lila1.png

Top Bottom