Hope Lighting Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been given a set of Hope Lights, by a work collegue/friend, that aren't working
It's a R800

I've pulled them apart, short of the switch, as I have Torx-drivers, but not the tamper-proof derivatives

It is thought, that the cable, to the PCB is playing up, so no power is there
Lighting. 12.jpg Lighting. 13.JPG

I was wondering about using the cable/connector, that I have on an old set of Smart lights, to adapt them
As seen here, just to illustrate (battery's dead)
DSCF5018 - Copy.JPG

Or, send them back to Hope, to the Service Dept
It states £25, for repair. no mention is made of extra cost, but that's discussed if necessary

1. Could it be the switch, or the (I think it's an ) IC555 chip - for the varying flash sequences
2. Has anyone returned items for repair, & has experience of the service

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

the snail

Guru
1. Who knows? Could be anything, but duff connection/wire/pcb has to be a good bet.
2. Never had anything repaired, but Hope customer service is v. good IME.

iluvmybike

Über Member
We had to send back a light battery with charging probs to Hope - it had gone out of warranty bu they replaced it free anyway and we got it back within a few days. Given the retail cost of those lights £25 would be well worth it

We had to send back a light battery with charging probs to Hope - it had gone out of warranty bu they replaced it free anyway and we got it back within a few days. Given the retail cost of those lights £25 would be well worth it

Thanks

As I stated, it was given to me, & I know he's used it '365' for a few years
So, yes, if it is just £25 for a fix, it's definitely worth it

I might take it to our EMBE/Medical Physics guys first, as there's a few riders amongst them (road & MTB), see if they can sort it for me

Top Bottom