Horrible article on Velorution, WTF were they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

spindrift

Oh, I posted it here cos Andrea refers to commuting in London, probably the wrong place, sorry!

The apology is just digging a hole, AFAICS.

Cab

Maz said:
Yeah, cheers, Cab.

I must remember that next time I get some racist abuse from the occupants of a passing car. Maybe I should try and catch up with them at the lights and ask them what they meant by it.

Oh come off it. That you may suffer abuse at the hands of racist morons is in no way relevant to anything I said.

Cab

Catrike UK said:
I'm trying to work out if your making a miserable attempt at irony with this posts or if you are just miserable.

And now you're aiming just to troll?

There is no hidden intent to my post, no attempt at irony; re-read the thread if you don't understand what I've said, and if you can't then understand, well, tough.

Cab said:
And now you're aiming just to troll?

There is no hidden intent to my post, no attempt at irony; re-read the thread if you don't understand what I've said, and if you can't then understand, well, tough.

I think you are the one who is trolling for effect, not very well though.

chap

Veteran
The hypocrisy and insular nativity of that owner is outstanding. I am all up for 'freedom of speech', but at least let it be based on fact rather than pure conjecture and prejudice.

It's a shame that fools like that are associated with the Cycle Campaign, but I guess it takes all sorts.

velorution

Velorution would like to apologise for any offence caused by the article in question(removed long time ago from our site). It was an error of judgment on our part.

Origamist

Legendary Member
What an odd thread this was.

It's good to see a simple apology from Velorution - not the mealy-mouthed sorry that was posted on the website at the time.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
There may be a positive though, perhaps Andrea has now had cause to review his thinking on certain matters. It may have caused others to look a bit more closely at their own motivations. If people think like this I'd rather know it and take steps to address it, than have it fester underneath.

chap

Veteran
Velorution prepares for Christmas

MacB said:
There may be a positive though, perhaps Andrea has now had cause to review his thinking on certain matters. It may have caused others to look a bit more closely at their own motivations. If people think like this I'd rather know it and take steps to address it, than have it fester underneath.

I would doubt the ignorant man would have bothered to address his views, this is merely a calculated apology. If you look at the posts on his rather lamentable site, you can see that he still applies the same approach in is reasoning, i.e. none. There are frequent references to Britains 'Third World standards' (odd coming from an Italian), and cheap attacks on whoever he deems is easy prey.

It took the man a rather long time to apologise, and I have noticed that several sites (most importantly those open to the public with references to his post) have been targeted. Methinks a certain shop-keeper is preparing for the Christmas trade.

Rupert Murdoch has more integrity.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
chap said:
I would doubt the ignorant man would have bothered to address his views, this is merely a calculated apology. If you look at the posts on his rather lamentable site, you can see that he still applies the same approach in is reasoning, i.e. none. There are frequent references to 'Third World standards' (odd coming from an Italian), and cheap attacks on whoever he deems is easy prey.

It took the man a rather long time to apologise, and I have noticed that several sites (most importantly those with independent reviews) have been targeted. Methinks a certain shop-keeper is preparing for the Christmas trade.

Rupert Murdoch has more integrity.

Yep, never said it was a given but I'd still rather this sort of thing was out in the open.

chap

Veteran
Velorution: opportunists

MacB said:
Yep, never said it was a given but I'd still rather this sort of thing was out in the open.

Same here, which is why I would have believed it to be more of an authentic apology had he apologised soon after the post, instead of arguing his null-point with customers and bloggers. Instead he removed the post after complaints, and now appears to have seen the light and thus apologises on various open forums.

Surely it would be a lot more sincere if he kept (or reposted) the original diatribe on his blog, with the comments, with the original update, and then with his latest Christmas time apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom