Horrible article on Velorution, WTF were they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do they realise that they are inciting racial hatred?

yello

I must admit to being somewhat surprised... is there something (some irony?) I am missing? Okay, maybe an attempt to stir debate... but there are less blunt ways of doing it.

domtyler

Über Member
That is quite shocking, and I am not one who is easily shocked.

That needs to be pulled immediately I'd say, a severe lack of judgement by the editorial staff on that one.

Origamist

Legendary Member
It is poorly written and makes little sense.

Seemingly, Euro 2008 is the model London should aspire to in terms of multi-culturalism and civility and then all cyclists and other road users will get on.

Was it written by:

a) a drunk
:biggrin: someone with a poor command of written English
c) a muddled thinker
d) a racist (who is adamant s/he is not a racist).

I'm guessing a mixture of all 4.

Velorution are incredibly naive to post this drivel.

They say all publicity is good publicity. This proves how very wrong that is.

I expect that they will be in financial difficulties over the next year or so.

Cab

Phrase it differently.

People from different nations and different cultures may have different perceptions of acceptable road behaviour, and we should not allow 'political correctness' to get in the way of asking how great an impact such things as mass migration and the slow integration of some populations have on road safety. It is important to reach out to each and every person in every culture and sub-culture represented in the British Isles to ensure that we instil the highest possible standard of behaviour on our roads.

I'm saying, as near as dammit, the same thing.

Phrased like that, would that be racist? Would it even be contentious?

Its a bad article, thats for sure. Could have raised the same points in a more sensible and sensitive way.

dondare

Über Member
Quite right, too. British cyclists will never be safe until we send all the darkies back home and stop Cockneys from becoming coppers.

This post contains traces of nuts.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Africans, Jews and cockneys don't resepect cyclists.

But she's not racist.

Sheesh, I'd say it would be pretty hard to tell which driver's are Jewish unless you are offered some kind of physical evidence...

Cab

spindrift said:
Africans, Jews and cockneys don't resepect cyclists.

But she's not racist.

Sheesh, I'd say it would be pretty hard to tell which driver's are Jewish unless you are offered some kind of physical evidence...

To justify the accusation of racism we would need to demonstrate that she's picking certain communities or ethnicities out for worse treatment than others, and as she's pretty much anti-everyone I'm not sure thats the case.

So, perhapse more of a sociopath than a racist.

Cab

User1314 said:
It's inciting racial hatred. Pure and simple.

As a cyclist who rode 6,000 miles for commuting in London over the last year I can categorically state that dangerous and inconsiderate driving has no "one" type of skin colour. There is no one "type". And I cycle from the burbs into Central London through the "inner city".

I agree, my observation is also that skin colour is unimportant here. Hand on heart though, I've seen a disproportionat amount shocking driving from recent immigrants from Eastern Europe, compliance with things like traffic lights and zebra crossings has for far too many seemed entirely optional.

Skin colour taken out of the equation, the question of whether people new to the UK understand what is expected of them on our roads, and whether we can handle this whole area better... I dunno, I see nothing wrong with asking that. The article, though, is terrible.

Tynan

Veteran
why are cockneys in there? Like there's any significant amount of them left in the east end

there in there to be some white/not jewish people that's why

not racist but seems if you even single out ethics for any reason it's seen as racist regardless of why you;'re doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom