Hosepipe for pressure washer etc, but nothing seems to fit the outside tap?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Sorry to ask but you have an end / adaptor on the tap already. Why do you not use that rather then buying more bits you don't need ?

Or am I missing something ?

It doesn't fit anything. I explained in my first post, I've tried numerous hosepipe adapters over the years and nothing fits. This is the whole point of the post trying to get something that fits the tap so I can run a hosepipe.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Are you being serious? honestly? or just trolling? To explain again, nothing will fit onto that end. Go and troll on some other persons post.

He's not trolling - the bit screwed on to the tap in your picture has a spiggot on it which fits into a a hose. You could just stick that in a hose,
perhaps with a jubilee clip for security. Not as convenient as clipping it in and out but I have done that in a precious house - but you then had to unscrew it to take the hose ofd

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
And do something like I said?

Because I've done things like this when I was younger and the force of the water just blows the hosepipe off the tap when the hosepipe just has a jubilee clip round. I'm sick and tired of struggling with things and messing about. I want the proper up to date fittings.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Here are some pictures of mine, which is a 1/2" BSP. As you can see the external diameter is a touch over an inch. I'd guess the internal diameter of your fitting would be closer to 23mm.

The adaptor is the nito 5 style I mentioned. The hozelock version is visually similar, but in my view not as good. Somehow the nito manages to dispense with the o-ring which can be troublesome, and the metal is less prone to corrosion the the brass ones

I did a bit of a google and got different figures again -perhaps the pipe external diameter?

View attachment 718539

View attachment 718540

View attachment 718541

So that's where my verniers went! 😉

classic33

Leg End Member
Because I've done things like this when I was younger and the force of the water just blows the hosepipe off the tap when the hosepipe just has a jubilee clip round. I'm sick and tired of struggling with things and messing about. I want the proper up to date fittings.
Do it right and there's no reason for the hose and tap to part company in use.

It can also make filling a bucket or a watering can easier. The short length of hose can be left down in the bucket/can on the floor.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Four pages later. Either, heat up the end of a hose (to make it flexible - hairdryer will do it), shove it over the end of the tap connector as far as it will go and lock it on properly with a jubilee clip (it won't come off if done properly). You only need a small piece of hose and then get an adapter for the other end. Or the most sensible option, change the bloody tap for a modern standard one - then you'll not have any problems.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS you aren't going to need a plumber to change that tap. Isolate the supply - main stop tap will do being cold water. Undo the nut below the tap and remove said tap. Clean up the pipe and maybe replace the olive and fit a new tap - they are a compression fitting so all you need is a clean feed pipe, new olive and your good to go. Taps are less than £10. With any luck, you won't need new holes in the wall to screw the tap in.

Fastpedaller

Photo??

anyway - I just have a standard outside tap witha screw on the end of it

I have a Hoselock adapter that screws onto the tap
then a standard Hoselock push fit adapter that goes onto that

then a load of hose finishing with another Hoselock thing on the end of that which connects to the power washer
I have had 3 different power washers and they have all had the same Hoselock type connector

Obviously there are Hoselock copies around - but they work the same and all fit each other
As above. As an aside, most garden hose (especially in cold weather) will be an unmanageable mess of coils - To make life easier if you are prepared to pay a bit extra and don't need a very long hose, a washing machine supply hose is much easier to use.

Top Bottom