Hot again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Home from work. Just waiting for the rush hour to subside and then I'm off riding for a couple of hours. Woo hoo

sittingbull

Veteran
After a hot day, evening rides are fabulous....especially the last hour of daylight.

Quiet roads....birds singing in the parks....foxes appearing.

I'm off out right now ^_^

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
15C? That's positively freezing. (Actually, it's OK - for winter. It's when it gets down to single figures that I really don't like it.)
Really? When it warms up to that it's usually the point when I'm thinking about wearing shorts instead of trousers for my bike rides.... and I'm nesh!

Thoroughly enjoying seeing the :sun: at the moment (even though I was stuck inside most of the day). Shame it's not due to last long.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ended up being a bit much after the week I've have, got the flashing lights when I shut my eyes so I took it easy.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... my left cortex, or is it my right cortex? Or the living room?

Last time I was there in winter it was June (ie early winter) and it was 15 most days. It would rain for about 20 minutes each morning and then the sun would come out, bright as an English summer. Everyone complained about how cold and wet is was. Meanwhile London (early summer) was 18C showers, sunny periods (ie same weather).

Also the local free transit newspaper (like the Metro) had this wonderfully stupid article about how popular marfs were this season. Yep, marfs or man-scarfs (or scarves)

sittingbull

Veteran
......'twas a nice evening ride tonight, a steady 23 miles :smile:

note to self: it's getting dark earlier, think about fitting some lights.

sgtjiggy

That's pretty warm! We've been dealing with 100+ degrees F in the Midwest all summer. Absolutely brutal.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

al78

Guru
I'm from Australia, so am always amused by what English call hot.

Still, Melbournians are pretty funny complaining about how cold 15c is.

Yes it is the departure from the mean that is important, not the absolute temperature. Additionally, those in hot climates tend to have air con in their homes whereas we don't in general in the UK. It also depends on the night time temperatures; people can cope with high daytime temperatures if they have a chance to cool down at night. It is high daytime maxes combined with stifling muggy nights that are the real problem.

As for 15C being cold, I don't turn the heating on for those temperatures.

Hot days are horrible; hot days & muggy nights are even worse. Personally I love it when the temperature is somewhere between 40-50F.

In the past my bedroom has been so cold during the winter that I've been able to keep a bottle of milk on my windowsill & it's kept nicely chilled. That's the kind of temp that I like :cold::becool:

Top Bottom