Hot foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
As some may remember, I suffer badly from this and was just wondering if anyone has managed to cure it. Things I've heard of are:

1. Move the cleats back a bit
2. Use Look/SPD-L type cleats/pedals instead of SPD.
3. Loosen straps on shoes.

Now 1 and 3 have provided me with temporary relief but not long lasting. I've also suffered hot foot on Look pedals so don't see that as a solution. Has anyone tried insoles as a cure or does this make things worse?

Any other ideas?

Thinner socks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Agree with Dayvo.
Those brand are all tighter fitting width wise.
I had hotfoot from a pair Shimano's. They are ok for a commute but not for long distances.

Try a pair of Spesh or Sidi wides.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ive got foot issues which people on here know about. Im trying a pair of bonts which are moldable to see how i go, complete with spd sl's

If it doesnt work then i'll try something else.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I find Northwaves to have a much larger toe box than my previous SIDIs and Shimanos. But I don't have terribly wide feet.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ive got foot issues which people on here know about. Im trying a pair of bonts which are moldable to see how i go, complete with spd sl's

If it doesnt work then i'll try something else.

Hello - I would like to resurrect this thread, if I may :smile:

How did you get on with the Bonts? I have started to suffer this affliction again lately, especially in my new Scott road shoes and my Mavic wide fit shoes are rather tatty, so keen to hear the latest from the esteemed panel.

Thank you!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
The Spesh footbeds and inserts may help
Hello - I would like to resurrect this thread, if I may :smile:

How did you get on with the Bonts? I have started to suffer this affliction again lately, especially in my new Scott road shoes and my Mavic wide fit shoes are rather tatty, so keen to hear the latest from the esteemed panel.

Thank you!
If I may return to this point. I was recently at a Specialized BG Fit studio buying shoes and the very nice chap got my feet on the board thing that shows how your arches fall, toes spread etc, I was also (occasionally) suffering with hot spots.

I ended up with Spesh BG Blue footbeds, my riding thus far has transformed. Can feel how I was pedalling air before due to lack of support and an old knee issue hasn't bothered me once since the fit. The footbeds have a metatarsal button which helps spread your toes to distribute pressure across more points (I broke my foot 7yrs ago on the leg/knee that has given me problems all this time)

*Edit: Arch-ometer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5DU_-qg30

Top Bottom