Hour Record (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Great effort:bravo:. Too bad he couldn't quite hang on to the 52k pace.

Who's next?:hyper:

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Just goes to show much Jens' record was more showboating really, rather than an achievement of magnitude

I'm not sure about that. Braendle's a decent TTer and he was really flagging towards the end, and he didn't make that much on Voigt - 1.6% - so Voigt wasn't just messing about. Difficult to know what difference the track layout made.

Be interesting to see some of the top TTers going for it; Wiggins, Martin, @ItsSteveLovell.

lilolee

Veteran
If they are now allowed to use TT bars, why isn't Tony Rominger's distance of 55.291 the record? Looks quite a normal TT bike to me.
romhour2.jpg
Romingerbike1.jpg

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
If they are now allowed to use TT bars, why isn't Tony Rominger's distance of 55.291 the record? Looks quite a normal TT bike to me.
romhour2.jpg
Romingerbike1.jpg
Was his the bike with the 650c front wheel? If so it doesn't meet current regs, also he had super thick blood if I recall.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy

Rominger had different size wheels, I think illegal handlebars, and Michele Ferrari.

lilolee

Veteran
Yes I think you are correct. Further searches indicate a 650 front

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm not sure about that. Braendle's a decent TTer and he was really flagging towards the end, and he didn't make that much on Voigt - 1.6% - so Voigt wasn't just messing about.

Brändle is a decent TTer but his form isn't that great - he was 35th at the Worlds. And he doesn't have much track experience. Plus he only decided to do it a couple of weeks ago so can't have had much time to train. Good bit of opportunism to get his name in lights before the really serious attempts start next year though.

You'd expect Wiggins to absolutely pulverise the record, maybe even get close to Boardman's absolute record.

The Couch

Über Member
romhour2.jpg
Romingerbike1.jpg
I believe Patrick Lefevre (or someone from Quickstep) made a similar comment about the time of Jensie's attempt... that the bike from Rominger looks similar enough to the current TT bikes that it's a shame his isn't the time to beat
(but indeed as said above here, the wheels were bigger)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hence the references above to thick blood and Michele Ferrari. Ferrari was at trackside during his 94 hour attempt (according to Wiki), ergo - yes - he was a doper.

I was suggesting that it is not a shame that his record is not the one to beat, on the basis that he is (mostly likely, never proven right?) a dirty twat! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom