Hour Record (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If Dowsett or someone else was to take the record would Brad have the motivation to go again?

400bhp

Guru
If Dowsett or someone else was to take the record would Brad have the motivation to go again?

No way Dowsett can get close to that in the next 12 months - he's too far away from it.

Now, what about T Martin? Or that Italian bloke who's pretty decent. I suppose they are both outdoorers though.

Buddfox

Veteran
Dowsett's already said he'll have another go, but hinted it might not be for a few years.

The only person I can think of who might get close is Tony Martin. Might Cancellara have a crack? Beyond that, not sure anyone else has the talent...

400bhp

Guru
who that?

cant remember his name..hang on let me do a bit of googlng...hes had a fair bit of tt success in last 12 months

EDIT: Mallori

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was just thinking of Tony Martin so I googled him to see if he had any track cycling history. I drew a blank. That's not to say he's never been on a track, just that it's never been a big part of his life.

There will be a load of nations unhappy about the record turning into a very British affair though. All good fun....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Pacing is one thing Dowsett has already shown he's very good at. He did what he needed to do to break the record but clearly had more to give. Beating Brad might be beyond him but it might not. I reckon he could get very close at least.

Taylor Phinney is another possible contender. Or would have been, pre-injury - remains to be seen if he still could be.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
CG62hL0WwAAasxV.png

Incredible consistency.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Pacing is one thing Dowsett has already shown he's very good at. He did what he needed to do to break the record but clearly had more to give. Beating Brad might be beyond him but it might not. I reckon he could get very close at least.

Taylor Phinney is another possible contender. Or would have been, pre-injury - remains to be seen if he still could be.
Dowsett's go at it was also very tidy - he black lined it all the way. If he put as much time aside as Wiggins was able to, and given how he was nowhere near as drained at the end, I reckon he might be having a long hard think right now.

Any Spaniards on the radar?

Top Bottom