House build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I'm amazed at the neatness of the services. If the surfaces haven't been plastered yet, take some photos of where the pipe runs are. Embedded plastic pipes can be hard to detect, unlike cables or metal.
You have a very smart house.
Thank you slowmotion, I spent an hour or so photographing all pipe and cable runs yesterday and downloading to memory sticks. The photos we had of our current house have been very handy when needing to drill and fix in a wall … not to mention fitting ceiling lights :okay:.

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Plasterers have arrived as promised !. The usually tidy site has become anything but …
Theres 7.5 pallets x 40 x 25kg of plaster in the pile outside … that’s 7.5t of dry plaster :wacko:
There’s going to be five of them here for two weeks doing this, so I’m sure we’ll be well acquainted by the end :smooch:
They’ll be firing up their plaster applying machine on Monday, I’m unfamiliar with this technique so I’m intrigued how it will go …

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Love that curved staircase
Thank you Ian, I hope it’s nice and ‘smooth flowing’ when it’s finished … we have similar in our current house but it’s like a ’threepenny bit’ rather than flowing … it’ll be down to the skill of the plasterers to get the right look … fingers crossed :okay:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

I find this a very interesting project, but find it hard to imagine the end result - In my mind's eye I just see a giant garage! :laugh:

I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it is finished.
:laugh::laugh: Love your reply Colin - hopefully it will be a mix of ‘giant garage’ / white cube / comfortable modern family house when it’s finished … if it ends up just a ‘giant garage’ I’ll have to fill it with more bikes :okay:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

First full day plastering today - they couldn’t work yesterday because their machine was knocking out the 25amp mains mcb. I had to call the Electric Board equivalent who pitched up in the afternoon to fit temporary 50amp mcb’s. At least the machine is working and they can blow their muck on the ceiling all day @Fnaar

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

That's looking fab already, amazing how a good bit of plastering transforms a room!
Thank you John, yes - especially if the brickwork is as rough as I have … anything’s an improvement :laugh:

newts

Veteran
The plasterer straddling the trestle reminds me of when I was working on a stand build at NEC last month, the adjacent stand had a decorator sitting atop an 8ft trestle & walking it around the perimeter painting the top the wall:wacko:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

The plasterer straddling the trestle reminds me of when I was working on a stand build at NEC last month, the adjacent stand had a decorator sitting atop an 8ft trestle & walking it around the perimeter painting the top the wall:wacko:
These guys do the same - they walk the trestles around all day, over the pipes, trunking etc … I don’t think they’d get away with that with H&S in U.K. :whistle:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Those stairs are the wrong way round unless you are left-handed - you won't be able to repel invaders! :tongue:
My daughter’s left-handed and our world revolves around her …. or so she thinks ^_^. Our land-shark will repel any invaders long before they get to the stairs … if not there’s the back-up Jack Russell - no-one could survive her breath :whistle:

Top Bottom