House build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's something very satisfying looking at those under floor heating pictures.
Great stuff Colin.

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
There's something very satisfying looking at those under floor heating pictures.
Great stuff Colin.

Thank you and I know what you mean … they’re very neat and uniform aren’t they. I had to choose the pipes earlier in the week - the white ones didn’t look ‘racy’ enough - that’s why we have the red, it seems a shame to cover them in concrete but they’d be a bugger to tile as they are :laugh:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Colin are there any joins under the concrete? Or is one continuous pipe?

There are no joins, each ’zone’ is one piece of pipe from the manifold and back. The large space in the photo has 5 separate ‘zones’ that can be controlled independently. The maximum length of pipe in any one ’zone’ is 110m (according to the local equivalent of BS). Where the pipe passes through an expansion joint in the concrete it is sheathed in a corrugated conduit to allow for slight movement so the position of the joints in the screed floor are already set before the screed team arrive…. it’s an education doing this ^_^

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

The screeders have arrived as promised and along with them their equipment, and a big truck of material plus a small one of cement - the volume of stuff going in there is mind-boggling :wacko:
They reckon they’ll be finished tomorrow morning too ! … nearly 300m2 in 1.5 days - they’re not afraid of work this lot :okay:
The ‘dad‘ that owns the business and sets the datum’s in each room has been doing screed floors for nearly 30 years … his son is learning the ropes and taking over slowly apparently ….
151CCF67-C94E-4537-9E64-C39843E1FF33.jpeg

F4A1D54B-7558-4E07-8AC7-44A1F21B8B19.jpeg

E5BB9692-B26A-4070-8D1E-0DBA3252E2FF.jpeg

F778F915-2EF4-4E44-AD3D-77F9E1D187F4.jpeg

0CA91A13-1944-4651-AEA7-83F581E3FEC6.jpeg

BBE9AEED-6C80-48D3-BD54-46025B68114D.jpeg

That screeding looks pan flat and level!
Looks quite thick though! I’m used to seeing it a little runnier

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

That screeding looks pan flat and level!
Looks quite thick though! I’m used to seeing it a little runnier

Thank you bikingdad, I’m not sure how thick screed usually is but ours is 5cm / 6cm. It’s funny you mention the consistency - I was surprised just how dry it is, there’s no splashing or any chance of self-levelling ….

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Wack the heating on.that I'll dry it out nicely 🙄

I’ve been watering it all week to prevent it drying out too quickly :laugh: … we’ve had a real hot spell 25’C + and the parts near the windows were drying as we watched and the balconies too in full sun :sweat: - hopefully it’ll be ok now a week after it was finished

JhnBssll

Veteran
I watered my foundations for a few days, poured the concrete during a heatwave :laugh: Your build is looking fab Colin, its been said before but the standard of work looks very high :becool:

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

I watered my foundations for a few days, poured the concrete during a heatwave :laugh: Your build is looking fab Colin, its been said before but the standard of work looks very high :becool:

Thank you John :becool:. We’re very pleased with both the quality and speed that it’s coming together so far. If you know anyone that needs a plasterer, mine are done for a while :okay:^_^

Top Bottom