How a bike decreased the running cost on my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freddyflintstone

I am self employed so I need a car for my work travelling around etc
Ask my car insurer how much saving to leave my car overnight at my workshop (securely locked up) instead of outside my house £150 they said. So I bought a BSO with it.
My mileage is now only 10k. Another saving on Car Insurance.
It didn't stop there.
The vat man use to take £65 for personel use of the car for 3months
This figure is caculated as the VAT on the petrol used to get to and from work.
As I proved I cycled to work - another saving
Yet another saving with the tax man- as there is no personel use
The car lasted me longer. I had the last one for 14years. Now got a Merc C180 which I am sure will last me just as long.
If I ever need a car for personel use, its always there, no taxi bills or car hire bills
(Obviously disclosing it to HMRC)

Thompson

Think that would work on a teenager who has just passed their test? I won't drive much as I cycle or take the bus, but its a brand new renault megan? The insurance would be £4360.49 at the moment (we aren't paying it) Think it would decrease to a couple hundred at least if I said I cycled alot? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Freddyflintstone

Freddyflintstone

Think that would work on a teenager who has just passed their test? I won't drive much as I cycle or take the bus, but its a brand new renault megan? The insurance would be £4360.49 at the moment (we aren't paying it) Think it would decrease to a couple hundred at least if I said I cycled alot? :biggrin:
I take your point but it worked for me. However,
My insurance at the time was £420 and that was for business with everything covered

Top Bottom