How am I doing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AncientWyvern

I've recently started cycling to work, looking to make it a 4 day commute eventually. Up hill most of the way to work what a nasty long steep (300ft ish) climb at the end. Below are the details for yesterdays ride and I wonder if my averages are good or could be better...

Bike: Road
Distance: 27 Miles (round trip)
Average Speed: 15.5 (round trip)
Cadence: 82
Conditions: Windy and surface water

I wonder if my averages are good or could be better...
Your averages are your averages. Better off comparing your improvement over time and seeing the difference then IMO. Of course if you want a bit of competition you could always try Strava!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Considering I am currently struggling at about 12mph looks good to me, especially with the hill and conditions. As middleagecyclist says, Strava might be a nice way to inject a bit of fun competition into your rides. I have joined and just waiting on a Garmin Edge 200 getting delivered to see if it encourages me!

OP
OP
AncientWyvern

AncientWyvern

I do enjoy my ride. It's makes such a difference using a new bike and having a new job to commute to. Now i go from town through countryside to village outskirts. I must have one of the best commutes on the planet!

snorri

Legendary Member
If I was going as slow as you I would give up.:sad:
Just joking:biggrin:. As the others have said, enjoy it for yourself and don't worry how fast other people travel, on a journey to/from work your safety is more important than speed :thumbsup: .

Top Bottom