How am I going to keep my sanity?!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
speccy1 said:
C/P, had a week up in your part of the world a month ago, I would give my right arm to live in Yorkshire
God's Own County. I can be in the lanes pedalling out to the Dales in ten minutes but walk to theatres, cinemas, swimming baths and restaurants in twenty minutes. I've lived in Eton, Newport, Walsall, Cambridge, Southampton, Bath and much prefer Yorkshire.

Priorities, Speccy. Like a lot of people, I could have earned a lot more in London, but why? Years ago some stuffed-shirt barrister asked me 'So how did you end up in Leeds?' Pah. He flogs himself all week, commuting with his nose in someone's armpit, just so that once a month he can drive for an hour and a half to something I can do any evening.

No-one ever has as their last words "I wish I had spent more time at work."

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

ASC1951 said:
God's Own County. I can be in the lanes pedalling out to the Dales in ten minutes but walk to theatres, cinemas, swimming baths and restaurants in twenty minutes. I've lived in Eton, Newport, Walsall, Cambridge, Southampton, Bath and much prefer Yorkshire.

Priorities, Speccy. Like a lot of people, I could have earned a lot more in London, but why? Years ago some stuffed-shirt barrister asked me 'So how did you end up in Leeds?' Pah. He flogs himself all week, commuting with his nose in someone's armpit, just so that once a month he can drive for an hour and a half to something I can do any evening.

No-one ever has as their last words "I wish I had spent more time at work."

I certainly haven`t!!

London, money, and the hectic lifestyle are fine for those who like that lifestyle - it`s not my cup of tea.

Just out of interest, what are property prices like in Yorkshire, for, say a 2/3 bedroom average end terraced house??

Top Bottom