How are people running Zwift

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by Freelanderuk, 9 Nov 2018.

1. Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk Well-Known Member

When I started I was using a ipad mini 2 which was very small , i then bought a ipad 9.7 2018 model which was a little better but once started to sweat trouble again seeing the screen so I traded the 9.7 for a ipad pro 12. 9 screen size, I have used this for a few weeks and even though it's a larger screen I need larger.

I bought the av adapter for apple and a portable tv stand so I can mount a 21" led tv on it and use with one of the ipad's but I get the black bars down the side of the tv screen

I can not do a larger tv as this is all set up in the dinning room

What are others using ,so I can get a few ideas
    Cheers

2. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

My 14yo has it attached to my PC via a long cable and then Chromecasts Zwift back to the TV in the living room *

* He's allowed. I'm banished to the conservatory where the neighbours can laugh when I fall off my rollers.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2018
    Whorty and Freelanderuk like this.
  3. Runs on a PC with hdmi cable to a 50 inch HD tv

4. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

Not running Zwift, but other PC based programs that control the turbo, I just plug the PC into a 32" TV, but I am set up in the garage, you need a separate room.

Freelanderuk likes this.
  5. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

NUC i5 16gb RAM onboard graphics hdmi-32" Samsung tv in 1080p mode

Freelanderuk likes this.
  6. theboxers

theboxers TheBoxers on Bkool

Similar setup currently. Will be trading to a 50inch monitor or tv shortly

Freelanderuk and CXRAndy like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk Well-Known Member

I've got inch envy:blush:

Whorty, Stephenite and Milzy like this.
  8. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Laptop with a 15" screen currently ... not likely to change in the near future either, but if and when the opportunity arises the 32" screen in the lounge has been 'ear marked' for a 'special' project :whistle:

theboxers, tom73 and Freelanderuk like this.
  9. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

I just use my iPad 9.7. Occasionally I use my iPhone too. I don't quite get the fascination of a massive screen. I fact I usually have 2 iPads, one for Zwift and and one for Netflix alongside.

tom73 and Freelanderuk like this.
  10. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

MacBook Air with an Ant+ Dongle - this can then be streamed to my Apple TV if needs be.

tom73 and Freelanderuk like this.
  11. Gary E

Gary E Veteran

After over 2 year and 15,000 miles on Zwift my setup has evolved into this. I'm lucky enough to have a room at the back of the garage for such tom-foolery so it stays set up permanently. There's also another screen out of shot to the left just in case I run out of space :smile:
    In the past I've worked from home quite effectively, managing to do everything I usually do in the office (actually faster as the PCs at work are pants!). IMG_0550.JPG

Last edited: 9 Nov 2018
    Norry1, T.M.H.N.E.T, bobinski and 3 others like this.
  12. Specialeyes

Specialeyes Über Member

His 'n' hers in the Shed of Doom: Wahoo Kickr connected to a gaming PC running a 42" tv on the wall in front. Next to that an Elite Turbomuin Smart B+ connected to an iPad mounted on the handlebars. Guess which is his and which is hers :rolleyes: Oh, and 3 fans!

Freelanderuk likes this.
  13. steverob

steverob Über Member

In the spare room, bike positioned just off to the side of the computer desk so I have to turn the monitor (24" widescreen) about 45 degrees so I can see the screen while pedalling! The Dell tower PC that Zwift runs on is quite old, probably about 8-9 years I think, but was top of the range when I got it - the graphics card in it is still capable of running Zwift without any problems (admittedly at the one from lowest graphics setting).

Freelanderuk likes this.
  14. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

HP Z400 CAD workstation connected to a BENQ beamer, projecting a 70" display on to matte white vinyl stuck to the back of my garage door :okay::laugh:

20180929_130921.jpg

15. tom73

tom73 Senior Member

I'm getting a few ideas for sure. Just about to look at setting a turbo up. Just need a few things and to finish the sort out/ clear out of spare room.
    Thinking of running it on iPad/macbook via a projector onto the wall.

JhnBssll and CXRAndy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice