How are people running Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I added a second graphics card to my garage PC yesterday, it still has the old Quadro 2000 for CAD use but has a GeForce GTX 750 Ti gaming card now as well. I picked it up second hand, I know they're not particularly new or powerful by todays standards but it runs Zwift in 1080p very smoothly. Not sure what the frame rate is but it seems good. It runs it in Ultra mode fairly well, but since the beamer is only 800x600 it seems a bit pointless rendering it in UHD so I've scaled it back :laugh:

The PC itself is pretty powerful, its a quad core Xeon 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM. It loads Zwift pretty quickly, about 15 seconds I would guess. Solid state hard drive too which I'm sure helps. Being a CAD user at work certainly has benefits, it was my work machine and I picked it up free when it had come to the end of its useful life about 4 years ago. The PC now in my study was it's replacement and I took it home last year for the same reason, it's a quad core Xeon 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM and a Quadro 4000 graphics card :laugh: It'll likely be the last freebie I get as they've moved to leasing their hardware so it will probably not end up in the garage on Zwift duties any time soon :cry:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Runs on a PC with hdmi cable to a 50 inch HD tv

The same only 42 inch tv. Ant+ dongle on extender cable.

OP
OP
Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk

Über Member
I have goon from this , trainer and bike and ipad
IMG_20180929_145227705.jpg

To this , trainer bike ,ipad and a17" tv on a table and boxes
IMG_20181112_120255205_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

To train ,bike , tablet for Zwift companion, 28" tv on a tv stand , kicker fan behind tv stand
IMG_20181113_150755985.jpg
IMG_20181113_152345238.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks to this thread I have now found myself looking for a cheap tv/monitor whilst seeing what space I can clear out of my garage. The problem is - to fit in a TV I may need to evict some bikes, or the wife's car.

tom73

Guru
Thanks to this thread I have now found myself looking for a cheap tv/monitor whilst seeing what space I can clear out of my garage. The problem is - to fit in a TV I may need to evict some bikes, or the wife's car.
Oh talk about a rock and hard place. Your going to need to cash in some serious brownie pts.

tom73

Guru
The tv is a jvc smart tv 28” with Netflix and extras on offer at curry’s for £160 and the pole mount tv stand was from eBay for £49.98, using a AV iPad adapter to put Zwift on the screen from my iPad pro[/QUOTE

Add Apple TV and then you can airplay the whole thing.

Gary E

Veteran
It often surprises me how people can have a conversation on the message board whist riding
Unless you're racing or putting in 100% for a PB it's not difficult - unless you type with your feet :smile:
I find that during a normal ride it's easy to sit up in the saddle and operate a keyboard. To make it a little easier I have a 10" keyboard and a Track Ball Mouse. I believe it's also possible to set up your mobile so that you can send messages by voice control without the need to take your hands off the bars at all.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
We're running it from my PC via a long cable (study > hallway > lounge > dining room) where it's connected to an Elite Zumo that's got my son's training bike on. Then the PC screen is Chromecast through to the TV in the lounge - which we can then watch. Just.

Fiddly, but works.

Top Bottom