How can I get this out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Oh, and if your OCD really kicks in you should push one too far down on the otherside too for completeness.
I sense the humour JoeyB, but OCD is actually prevalent in our house, (Mrs S is medically diagnosed as such, and it has rubbed off a bit on me in some ways), and that idea had actually crossed my mind TBH, how bad is that? :whistle::crazy::surrender:

I can't try anything else tonight, I quite like the pump idea, and failing that I might take the bike to work where we have a honking big compressor and airlines.....................
windy.gif

02GF74

Über Member
How difficult can it bnne?

Are they flat bars or riser? If flat, then poke a bamboo stick and push it out; for riser a length of rubber hose.

but asd it sounds to be quite loose, attach a piece of cloth loosely on the end with tape then grab the oppiste end and swing the bar - the force (centrifugal) will be with you and it should go flying out - the cloth is to stop it flying off into next door neighbour's garden.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I sense the humour JoeyB, but OCD is actually prevalent in our house, (Mrs S is medically diagnosed as such, and it has rubbed off a bit on me in some ways), and that idea had actually crossed my mind TBH, how bad is that? :whistle::crazy::surrender:

I can't try anything else tonight, I quite like the pump idea, and failing that I might take the bike to work where we have a honking big compressor and airlines.....................
windy.gif

Whilst there was a humour element I think it would seriously cross my mind if I really couldn't get it out (oo er).

I think the compressor route is a goer btw.

djb1971

Legendary Member
You are all INSANE!
He's had permission to buy some new bling from the boss!

It goes like this:

Spend an hour looking at nice new bling bars online
Pay for the said bars
Walk in to the mrs and say " you were right luv, I couldn't get it out so I've bought some new bars like you said from the beginning"
Making her feel that it was her brilliant idea
Finish off by saying "I should have listened to you two hours ago"

Two days time fit the new bars guilt free :thumbsup:

YOU LOT WILL NEVER LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just noticed one of the claims on the website for that light:
Increases your driving safety and enjoyment
Huh? :wacko:
Perhaps what they really mean is: the light will get stuck so far into the handlebars that in despair you'll give up on cycling altogether, and start driving.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Pipe bending spring?
5-60-9117_big3922.jpg

might not be long enough - 2 pipe bending springs?? ^_^

Venod

Eh up
Cut an old inner tube with leaving enough to stretch over the bar, seal with a jubilee clip or tie wrap & pump with track pump, of course this assumes the lights a tight fit in the bar !

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm puzzled by this 'cos I have these lights and they sit nicely on the end of the bars, I could not push them inside the bars if I wanted to.

Possibly due to the bar tape though...

The Air line sounds a good plan for you unless you have one of those pushy flexible springy things mentioned above.

eck

Über Member
A length of cable outer might work (gear cable outer is quite stiff but flexible), Pushed through from the other end, obv!
Ahem. This WILL work. I've just tried it. ETA .. on drop bars.

ETA: not with a light inside, but the cable will go through and seems stiff enough to push anything in its way.

Top Bottom