How can I get this out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just pull the plug out of the other size and poke something flexible all the way through the bars and poke it back out. You can probably ram a wire clothes hanger down it.

Star Strider

The toilet macerator springs are on sale in pound land.

Price on application.

eck

Über Member
Just pull the plug out of the other size and poke something flexible all the way through the bars and poke it back out. You can probably ram a wire clothes hanger down it.
Hmmm, I doubt if a wire coat hanger would be flexible enough to go round the bends on drop bars. But - here's a idea - maybe a gear cable outer would work? :cursing:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hydraulic pressure will shift it. Push a wad of something like paper or plastic down the open end to seal and give some protection to the light then connect it up to the mains. If the water affects the light, it shouldn't be too hard to dry it out.

Alternatively drop a couple of heavy ball bearings in and let them roll down to the inside of the light, then bash the bars on something firm and let the weight of the balls push the light out.

Marbles might work as well, especially several of them in a row.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorry fellas not had chance to try anything yet, and it will probably be weekend before I get chance :wacko:
ss glad to see you also have a life outside of cycling

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i think you ought to go with the marble idea - push lots and lots in - put a bag the other end to catch everything , also push coat hanger in through a hosepipe , leave it long enough so you can blow in it while going up hills when you are panting harder and just keep on doing it till it drops out . at least this way we can hear you coming and will recognise you - maybe even attach a trumpet mouth piece to the hose and keep in tune with the clacking marbles

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry fellas not had chance to try anything yet, and it will probably be weekend before I get chance :wacko:

What ever ! ^_^

PS Ritchey WCS bars are a very nice upgrade - get the alloy version as it's as light but stiffer than the carbon (I know you like alloy). I bent my Ritchey Comp bars and the 'only' ones I could find that were the same in Evans were the WCS - honest ! :becool:

Top Bottom