How could I transport my tennis racket on my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thursday guy

I'm looking for ideas. I usually take 1 or 2 tennis rackets with me along with a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. How can I take those with me on my bike without carrying them on my back?

My bike has a pannier rack, but I'm not sure how best to use this. Any suggestions or recommendations on pannier bags would be very welcomed.

Wolf616

Über Member
Bungee cord? I've yet to find something that I can't attach with a bungee cord to my pannier rack. Yes that's right you smart arse reading this, I've even strapped my whole house (kitchen sink included) to my pannier rack before

midlife

Guru
Pah! The originals protected the tennis racquet handle with classy gren baize as found on snooker tables :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
Thursday guy

Thursday guy

Bungee cord? I've yet to find something that I can't attach with a bungee cord to my pannier rack. Yes that's right you smart arse reading this, I've even strapped my whole house (kitchen sink included) to my pannier rack before

Bungee cord for the racket, clothes in pannier

The trouble with bungee cords though is,

- it could probably only work if I leave the racket uncovered which I don't want as they're quite expensive
- bungee cords strapping take a while to set up

That said, I appreciate the suggestion, but I think it's probably not suitable for me

OP
OP
Thursday guy

Thursday guy

I was thinking something like that as well. However I've tried it with my pannier, which admittedly is pretty rubbish, and what happened is that the racket ended up tilting sideways and stuck out almost horizontally backwards. I don't mind the racket handle sticking up vertically, but when it sticks out backwards by a good few inches, it makes me wary that a vehicle from behind could accidentally hit it

Wolf616

Über Member
The trouble with bungee cords though is,

- it could probably only work if I leave the racket uncovered which I don't want as they're quite expensive
- bungee cords strapping take a while to set up

That said, I appreciate the suggestion, but I think it's probably not suitable for me

Why would it only work if they were uncovered?

OP
OP
Thursday guy

Thursday guy

Does anyone know of a pannier which doesn't have a flap cover thing over the top?

something like a zip or pull strings to close the top would be good, so the racket handle can poke through the top

vickster

Legendary Member
Does anyone know of a pannier which doesn't have a flap cover thing over the top?

something like a zip or pull strings to close the top would be good, so the racket handle can poke through the top
The one I linked has drawstrings under the flap, no reason why you can't tuck the flap away

OP
OP
Thursday guy

Thursday guy

I have one of these, easy to have a tennis racket sticking out, bargain at a tenner plus postage. Very easy to attach and detach from the rack, I have a tortec ultralight

Why can't you use a tennis racket bag on your back? Although not sure I'd want to in case of a fall

I just prefer to have my bike carry it rather than my back

Top Bottom