How did you get married?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Host of religions running through both our families, although both families were fundamentally Christian (with exception of m-i-l who married out of the Jewish faith to a Catholic). I wanted a Catholic wedding (I'm not a Catholic but wife is) but she was undecided. Don't ask me why now. Finally opted for Registry office wedding in Bangkok followed by a Buddhist blessing in a Sala on the beach in southern Thailand so no one could be offended. Always a mistake that last point trying to please everyone. Sometimes you need to just please yourself.

Irony is we must now have a catholic blessing as my wife cannot take communion without it. I am free of sin in this respect as I am a non-catholic. Which is nice. I'm damned for other things big time, so it makes no odds. xx(

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Kirstie said:
Our wedding cake was a mountain bikey cake!

What a fantastic cake! Sounds like a quality knees-up to me xx(.

Andy

Straightforward Church wedding, then nice hotel for meal and then the usual Scottish thing afterwards. That being, drink far too much and show how excrutiatingly bad a dancer you are! xx(
Still regard it as one of the best days of my life and friends still remark how great the party/reception was. One of the best bits was after the meal and speeches when I felt I could relax a bit and just prior to all the dancing stuff starting. All the friends arriving at the evening reception and having a quick drink and laugh with them, I walk past the hotel every night with my dog and can see the room where this part took place, always fills me with a warm glow and somehow me and Mrs Andy have remained married for 20 years this year. Can't quite believe she has put up with me for so long!

ChrisKH

Guru
Completely forgot to mention it was my 14th wedding anniversary yesterday and we're still together. xx( But to be fair we dated and lived together for much of the 14 years before that.

Proto

Legendary Member
Church wedding in Grahamstown, South Africa. Might have been St Barts, can't remember to be honest. Reception in garden of a colleague of my mother in law. Followed by a braai and piss up in my ma in law's garden.

'Twas great. xx(

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
In a church in Essex. Reception in a village hall. Too many relatives and not enough friends. That's what comes of letting the parents get involved.
Still we have persuaded the kids to have a low key do somewhere hot. xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
Never been married, and probably won't (I don't think I'm surprising TheDoctor here...) but if I did, I fancy walking down the aisle to Darth vader's Death Star theme, and the reception catering being supplied by a really good fish and chip van...xx(

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Arch said:
Never been married, and probably won't (I don't think I'm surprising TheDoctor here...) but if I did, I fancy walking down the aisle to Darth vader's Death Star theme, and the reception catering being supplied by a really good fish and chip van...:evil:

Brilliant!

Der Der Der, duh Der Der, duh Der Der...cue look of utter horror on future spouse's face!

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Maz said:
Interesting...I heard she mooned you with the word NO written on her buttocks.

If it was buttocks wouldn't the French N...o....N be more applicable :evil::ohmy:

postman

Legendary Member
We have been married 18 years.Other night the wifey was looking at herself in the mirror.Hair messy ,spots,cellulite on thighs,boobs dropping,large stomach.Feeling really down.'Say something nice about me,to cheer me up'.'At least you don't need glasses' said i in reply.

ChrisKH

Guru
postman said:
We have been married 18 years.Other night the wifey was looking at herself in the mirror.Hair messy ,spots,cellulite on thighs,boobs dropping,large stomach.Feeling really down.'Say something nice about me,to cheer me up'.'At least you don't need glasses' said i in reply.

;)

My wife was feeling a bit that way yesterday, plus it was our wedding anniversary, so she was probably feeling a bit sensitive/emotional.

"Cheer Up" says me, "I'm still here aren't I?"

Top Bottom