How did you get married?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclenic

wedding

Funnily enough, me and boyfiend cyclenic, were looking and tring on very expensive little shiny sparkley rings today.

I couldn't stop smiling, just waiting for him to ask me :angel:

Abitrary

I proposed to my wife by taking her to an american football game, and at half time I'd arranged that the team would moon her with the words 'WILL YOU MARRY ME' written on their buttocks. She had no choice but to say yes.

The wedding took place in a remote irish castle, with a select number of guests including keith chegwin and david bowie and his beautiful model wife iman.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Registry office in Simonstown, South Africa, 11 1/2 years ago. Mrs Uncle Phil's dad is Scots, so we had a piper, who was nearly arrested for interrupting a court hearing in the next room.

Reception in a sort of rondavel-style hotel overlooking a fantastic beach.

We're going back there in January. This time with bikes.

Maz

Guru
Abitrary said:
I proposed to my wife by taking her to an american football game, and at half time I'd arranged that the team would moon her with the words 'WILL YOU MARRY ME' written on their buttocks. She had no choice but to say yes.

The wedding took place in a remote irish castle, with a select number of guests including keith chegwin and david bowie and his beautiful model wife iman.
Interesting...I heard she mooned you with the word NO written on her buttocks.

birdie1

OK CHaps.... Any offers of third finger left hand will be investigated!!!! Im 36...years young!!!! Future hubby must not be as quick or as sharp as me on road bike of course.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
birdie1 said:
OK CHaps.... Any offers of third finger left hand will be investigated!!!! Im 36...years young!!!! Future hubby must not be as quick or as sharp as me on road bike of course.

rest assured that if me and mrs alecetc ever cease to be legally spliced, my next romantic assignation would have to be have a bike and be able to ride with me.

as it is, my wife does at least allow me to keep two bikes in the house (against her better judgement no doubt…).

Abitrary

birdie1 said:

You're not one of those internet groomers, are you?

FBOAB

birdie1 said:

Alas dear birdie 1 too late you spoke. My other half got here first but her pencil broke:biggrin:

dudi

me and the missus are both athiest, but come from religious families. and we thought it would be very hypocritical of us to get married in a church if we really don't believe.

So we got married at Seckford Hall, in Woodbridge. a 500 year old manor house.. very nice. We had the ceremony and the reception in the same room. it was beautiful. the weather was a bit crap, but it stopped raining for long enough for us to get some decent pictures!

Kirstie said:
Did anyone else find that for some reason on your wedding day you had a seemingly endless capacity for drinks? I drank gallons and didn't even get pissed or have a hangover! Other people were wrecked though...

Yes! Very odd.

We did the church thing as our families are religious....then a big reception/party at a hotel afterwards. It was a GREAT party.

And pouring rain on your August wedding day is lucky right? RIGHT??? :sad:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Abitrary said:
You're not one of those internet groomers, are you?

That made me :cheers::biggrin::biggrin:.

Signed on the dotted line in a city registry office on a frosty December morning nearly 2 years ago. Small do with close family and friends.

Had a laugh watching the faces of the married couples before us when 2 females exited and NEITHER wore 'the suit'!!!! :sad:

Followed by a piss up in near by pub and a meal in a swanky place in the country.

Top Bottom