How did you get married?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Lunch at Japanese restaurant, married at registry office, home for snacks, fizzy wine and a couple beers.

In a 12th century tithe barn near Southport, Lancs - non religious ceremony. It was a brilliant party! My brother played in the ceremony, the meal was great, the booze was great (sushi canapes - yum), and we managed to deck the place out like our favourite night out, complete with a cocktail bar and the bar staff doing all the mixology stuff, visuals, lighting, a shed load of bean bags for people to sit on, chilled house music etc. Nobody paid for a single drink all night. It occurred to me that it probably would be the only time in my life when I had all my friends and family together in one place...but I'd get married again just to have another party like that. Did anyone else find that for some reason on your wedding day you had a seemingly endless capacity for drinks? I drank gallons and didn't even get pissed or have a hangover! Other people were wrecked though...

Our wedding cake was a mountain bikey cake!

wafflycat

Registry office followed by blessing in local church (latter to keep my mum & dad happy more than anything)

Had a great wedding. MrW, me, WMnr, two witnesses, my mum + dad. That was it. Went off to registry office - did the deed. Went to church for blessing. Came back home, got some old clothes on - made lunch for everyone & buffet for evening party. That evening - got back into glad rags and we had open house for family & friends. It was great.

wafflycat

birdie1 said:
Perhaps second time round will be the one...One problem...he must be into cycling!!!!! Oh and got to meet him yet...... HELP!!!!

Hah! I've got him. MrW is a cycling nut, who has bought me all of my current steeds and maintains them to a high standard. :angel: Mind you, he's probably a bit old for you:laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First one in Morden Registry Office, marriage lasted 4 years.
second one was a full blown white wedding jobbie in orpington, now in 11th year

Maz

Guru
I had a few wedding 'do's. First was in my hometown of Sheffield in a community centre. Second do, a week later, was in my wife's hometown of Cambridge in a Secondary School Hall. Neither of these were legally recognised so we had a court/civil wedding as well.

cyclenic

wedding

Oh chuffy, i love haldon belvedere, i want to get married there. beautiful :angel:

Chuffy said:
:biggrin:

When I first showed Baggy a picture of this venue, she threatened to stamp and scream if we couldn't have it.
Haldon%20Belvedere.jpg

We had it. :girl:

Top Bottom