How did you get your user name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Savoury or sweet - a pie cannot be beat(en)

Quick post - I have home made apple pie waiting.;)

Its also a characters title from one of my sons xbox games.

Bug

My Grandad never referred to any of his grandchildren by our real names - he came up with nicknames for us all. I was Bug (or Buggy) because apparently he thought I looked like an ugly bug when I was born. The rest of us are: Herbie, Brat, Tank and Mouldy.

Anyhow, my wife still calls me Bug as she picked it up from my Grandad when he was still alive and it is my username of choice wherever possible.

Strangely I've ended up as a software tester so the name is very appropriate!

I used to be scruffier than I am now, and was known to own and wear clothes that I'd found in the street.

Eventually I was accused of wearing clothes from skips and was thereafter called Stig (of the dump).

This was before Top Gear inspired loads of wannabe boy racers to call themselves Stig after the mysterious, tame racing driver

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
First name / initial / part of surname

Alternatively I'm WendyCraig and trying to remain anonymous...

Kovu

Über Member
From the film lion king two, i'm Kovu everywhere on the forums I think.

byegad

Legendary Member
My initials are GAD and when camping with the Scouts in the 1960s it was a great joke to see me drinking tea from a pint mug with my initials painted on it and say...... 'Bye gad sir that's a big mug!

gbb

Legendary Member
Couldnt think of a name at first...but i wanted a better bike, so i called myself Wannabettabike.
Then i got one, so i became Gottabettabike

Then i thought it was cr@p :laugh: so became gbb when Cyclechat started,

Still not fussed about it...if i didnt have so many posts, i'd probably morph into something else again. Ruslan perhaps...from the novel Faithful Ruslan, one of my favourite reads.

.....courtesy of my dear wife! I'm only 3 months older than her and I don't have a moustache.

Some gobby clubber yelled 'thunder thighs' at me this morning as I cycled into work at 0500, I don't think I'll be adopting that one.

cycling fisherman

because

well because i cycle and i do fishing, i ride a bike and i like angling, i go for a ride but also cast a line, because i enjoy cycling and i class myself as a fisherman...

my username is cyclingfisherman !

Top Bottom