How did you get your user name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

"The Doctor Is Sick"- Anthony Burgess:

As Geoffrey Aggeler writes:

'Spindrift's pursuit of Sheila becomes. . . a search for love, or more precisely the meaning of love, and this is one of the many respects in which it parallels the quest of Leopold Bloom through Dublin. . . The Doctor is Sick can be seen as Burgess's own treatment of the major themes of Ulysses , for example the extent to which Spindrift's descent from disembodied philology into the world of tangible reality is like the progress of Stephen Dedalus from a world of words, in which he is an acknowledged master, to the world of Leopold Bloom.

It's an unfilmable book, unfortunately . At one stage Edwin gets lost in Brixton with some Jewish twins and their dog called the same name as Guy Gibson's dog. They get lost in Brixton. The dog runs off. You get the picture.

Smeggers

A bastardisaton of an old nickname that rhymes with my first name.
or
That bloke from Safespeed!

You choose! :biggrin:

Smeggers

You're Cheggers!!!!!

Or Peggy from Eastenders.
You've got me - I am in fact the bastard lovechild of Keith Chegwin and Peggy Mitchell :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

"Wahaaay / Get aaaaat of maaaa paab"

Mine came from when I started posting in another place about how I couldn't get a bike out of Omega, but when I registered here, I miss-typed, so unfortunately I am rather less than (or is it more than?) stick-like, and should have been 'Stuck on a Giant'!

Because my name is David.

radger

Veteran
When excited, I tend to mangle my words in unexpected ways - this was my attempt at saying badger.
(I once famously told my siblings it wasn't my fault I had a f***** sluhpeech impediment)

Top Bottom