How do I know if my bib shorts are the right size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
What do you mean?
That Castelli are a slim fit and not designed for sprinters legs!

JPBoothy

Veteran
Definitely a mine field this one.. I always buy any cycling related garments at least a size up compared to normal clothes and struggle to ever find two different brands who use the same sizing guide. I was going to say that once you settle on a brand that fits stick with it but, I think that can depend on which sweat-shop they have employed to make them as I recently replaced my Funkier shorts with 'what should have been' an identical pair (same code etc..) and they were shorter in the leg and extremely 'snug' in other areas :blink:

I had the opposite result with a pair of Endura bib-tights too which were too baggy!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
As someone who somehow manages to do all my cycling wearing, shock horror, regular everyday clothing - I always find myself torn between shaking my head in disbelief and just laughing when I read yet another thread about trying to get cycling specific clothing that actually fits the wearer.

BigMeatball

how do I know whether they are too small or the right fit?

If ladies look at your shorts and blush....that's the right fit or you can even go smaller.

If the ladies look at your shorts and laugh....consider going one size up or even consider baggy shorts.

Top Bottom