How do I know if my bib shorts are the right size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anonymous1502

I have bought some castelli bib shorts I can get into them, but how do I know whether they are too small or the right fit?

Sharky

Guru
Skin tight on the thighs and bum. - no baggy sections.
Shoulder straps just right - not too tight and not loose.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Well, yes - could be too tight.
Perhaps if you bought the next size up from a site which has a good returns policy, then compare.
The next size up is out of stock unfortunately. I will perhaps go for a ride but I can't remove the tags otherwise they won't accept it back.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t wear with underwear

can you sit comfortably on bike reaching hoods and drops?
If not comfortable, send them back and try a different brand or size :okay:

figbat

Slippery scientist
The only time I sent some back as being too small was because the straps pulled down uncomfortably on my shoulders - next size up fixed it without ending up being loose anywhere else. For the bibs in question this was a combination of size/cut and also the relatively reduced stretchiness of the material used for the straps compared to the leg area.

Also it is important to make sure they are comfortable when in your riding position - not when stood in front of a mirror.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Agree that tight shoulder straps are a clue, but people with different body shapes might have a different experience.

I've persevered with some too small Castellis because they were an absolute bargain in only one size. They are gradually loosening up over time.

The only time I sent some back as being too small was because the straps pulled down uncomfortably on my shoulders - next size up fixed it without ending up being loose anywhere else. For the bibs in question this was a combination of size/cut and also the relatively reduced stretchiness of the material used for the straps compared to the leg area.

Also it is important to make sure they are comfortable when in your riding position - not when stood in front of a mirror.

The last sentence is key, straps on my bibs are tight on me when standing but loosen up as i get onto the bike (this does get less after some time but as new they can be quite tight when standing but perfect when riding). Personally i'd always go for slightly too small than slightly too big.

D

Deleted member 26715

If they look like this try the next size up

Top Bottom