how do planet x do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
tis a good question ,seems remarkably well specced compared to other brands. I spotted this a couple of nights ago and was sorely tempted. However an attempt to load my 'shopping cart' failed miserably as any combo I wanted was unavailable to order.

It may be genuine but I'm getting tired of following links that searches throw up, only to find the item is out of stock or discontinued.

went to GB Cycles in Croydon today who are the only retailer to stock the Planet X bikes outside of the web. I sat on a medium and alas it is too big so i need a small and as per Macb its out of stock. This was the bike I wanted !. GB will build any planet X to your spec and only charge 25 quid on top of the online order price.

I asked them how they do it (Price wise) and was told that Planet X only have a handful of staff with a small margins. The carbon is not the highest grade but they said they have never had any returned to the shop. Both mechanics at the shop have Planet X.

I have put an email to Planet X asking when they are going to get some smalls. If they arent then I am back to the drawing board on a new bike !.

bonj2

Mista Preston said:
went to GB Cycles in Croydon today who are the only retailer to stock the Planet X bikes outside of the web. I sat on a medium and alas it is too big so i need a small and as per Macb its out of stock. This was the bike I wanted !. GB will build any planet X to your spec and only charge 25 quid on top of the online order price.

I asked them how they do it (Price wise) and was told that Planet X only have a handful of staff with a small margins. The carbon is not the highest grade but they said they have never had any returned to the shop. Both mechanics at the shop have Planet X.

I have put an email to Planet X asking when they are going to get some smalls. If they arent then I am back to the drawing board on a new bike !.

"order now for mid october delivery" it says.

Noodley said:
Yes it does. down at the bottom....

ok 2 against one and I cant see a small white selectable for pre order xx( its been a long dayxx(

I am going to bed and putting different eyes in in the morning ....and maybe ordering a bike:biggrin:

twowheelspaul

This is odd, I've just posted about Planet X on another thread and this caught my eye. If you can get to the warehouse its well worth a visit, hardly a local bike shop for you I realise but could be time well invested. I've got a Planet X bike and it is fantastic, no idea how they do it for that price, their warehouse cost can't be too high as it isn't the most salubrious of places or buildings. The advice and help was brilliant though and my bike for a grand can't be beat. Having tried other bikes for a similar price, Planet X won completely, more responsive, lighter, more comfortable and feels very strong. I was a specialized fan before but my rides and pocket now opt for Planet X. If you do find out how they can do it for that price I would like to know, so please post. I didn't see any evidence of umpalumpas or swarms of Indian children when I went.

good luck.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Mista Preston said:

that's not correct; macclesfield cycles stock them, and i'm sure there must be others…

bad boy

Über Member
But everything is out of stock when I look, would people recommend their ALU frames or just the 999 carbon Jobey which seems to be out of stock when ever I look

Top Bottom