How do you cook your bacon or sausage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have always grilled mine.
My son always does his in the oven.
T'other day, as I had a jacket spud in I put the bacon in.......excellent result.
So, today I did sausages in the oven. Very nice.
I think I am converted.
As a kid we always pan fried them.

AlanW

Guru
Slow oven cooked, its the way to go if you have the time

vickster

Legendary Member
When I ate meat...oven cook sausages, fry bacon
(veggie sausages, oven cook or casserole)
I never grill anything...in fact in about 7 years I've had it, I don't think I've used the grill in my oven!

T4tomo

Guru
When I ate meat...oven cook sausages, fry bacon
(veggie sausages, oven cook or casserole)
I never grill anything...in fact in about 7 years I've had it, I don't think I've used the grill in my oven!
this - too much cleaning with a grill pan.

if in a rush fry sausages on outside to start and then split in half length ways to ensure middles get cooked, also then ideal for going in a bap

actual bin the veggie sausage, not worth the effort of cooking ....:laugh::laugh:

if in a rush fry sausages on outside to start and then split in half length ways to ensure middles get cooked, also then ideal for going in a bap

actual bin the veggie sausage, not worth the effort of cooking ....:laugh::laugh:
grill for me

it is easier to clean a grill pan if you line it with foil before you start - also grills it better as some heat is reflected back and cook the meat more evenly - allegedly

I do do some thicker and posher sausages in the oven

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sausages in my Remoska cooker and local farm bacon dry fried at a medium heat. No watery gunge off this bacon unlike supermarket stuff.
The sausages also come from the local farm and are much superior to supermarket stuff.
Same farm as does the Isle of Mull cheese but we also have now a local butcher business which uses meat from the local abattoir. All local stuff.

vickster

Legendary Member

I don’t eat often but do have in freezer for emergencies, along with veggie burgers

Top Bottom