How do you cook your bacon or sausage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
For bacon, I put three sheets of kitchen roll on a microwave tray, put the bacon on that, and then put two more sheets on top. Then cook on high for a minute and repeat until cooked. The paper soaks up all the water that's been added to the bacon leaving it slightly crisp.

I don't do sausages very often.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This morning, it was smoked bacon on the plancha grill out in the garden…….if its indoors then its pan fried same as the sausages……..

Mrs M

Guru
Fry both.
Stab and straighten the sausages, turn frequently, watch them like a hawk so they don’t burn and they cook evenly.
Bacon in when sausages are cooking well. Mop up any excess water with kitchen towel.
Such a palava I don’t cook them very often!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I brown the sausages in the pan whilst the oven is heating up, then they go in the oven. Always fry bacon. Sausage casserole in the slow cooker is also nice. But I rarely have sausages unless on a BBQ

I note that many fry, split or pierce sausages. I too did and found later from a chef that unlike meat such as steak, sausages are in casings and frying does not help the taste. It should not be pieced or split as the juices run out. Slow heat on the oven makes the difference. Give it a go, if time is not an issue.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Fry both.
Stab and straighten the sausages, turn frequently, watch them like a hawk so they don’t burn and they cook evenly.
Bacon in when sausages are cooking well. Mop up any excess water with kitchen towel.
Such a palava I don’t cook them very often!
If you buy dry cured bacon you wont get the water issue

Top Bottom