How do you cook your bacon or sausage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I can't be arsed to fry sausages. So i grill them and then fry the bacon shortly before the sausages are cooked. I might lob an egg in for good measure...

The problem with frying sausages is that the things roll around and end up the same way up all the time
I use the grill to force them to be the right way up so the whole thing gets cooked to the right colour!

icowden

Veteran
The problem with frying sausages is that the things roll around and end up the same way up all the time
I use the grill to force them to be the right way up so the whole thing gets cooked to the right colour!
And the problem with frying bacon is you end up with floppy, chewy rind, so I favour the grill for that.
The oven might work though...

Some time ago I was listening to Chris Evans on Radio 1 - yup THAT long ago - and he said the chef at his pub had told him how to make perfect bacon

Basically he put the bacon on an oven tray and put anouther idendical tray on top so the bacon was held flat
then put it in the oven for quite a long time - can;t remember how long but it seemed a lot for bacon

apparently it gives perfect flat bacon - perfect for bacon butties

sound to me like a hanging offence!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Taken to microwaving bacon first- gets all the 'added water' out and pre-cooks the fat- then grill for 5 minutes to crisp up the rendered fat.

Grill sausages except those in toad-in-the -hole which go in for 10 minutes first before adding the batter

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Whilst I prefer grilled bacon, I tend to do it in the frying pan because that's so much easier to clean than the grill.
Sausages go in the oven, mainly because I don't have to stand over them, but if i don't set an alarm, they turn in to charcoal. :sad:

Top Bottom