How do you cook your bacon or sausage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
It used to be sausages in the oven on a wire rack so that the fat drips onto a tray underneath, now I've got an air fryer.

stephec

Legendary Member
Which air fryer do you have ?
Do you recommend it ?
It's a Tefal, one of the smaller ones, it takes a couple of minutes to warm up, then sausages are done in eleven minutes using half the power of a fan oven, so overall it's a quarter the cost of using the oven to do your sausages.

It's spot on for doing stuff like fish fingers or frozen chips as well.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a Tefal, one of the smaller ones, it takes a couple of minutes to warm up, then sausages are done in eleven minutes using half the power of a fan oven, so overall it's a quarter the cost of using the oven to do your sausages.

It's spot on for doing stuff like fish fingers or frozen chips as well.
Tefal as in Tefal Actifry.......with a revolving paddle ?
We have one of those but when I tried fish fingers they just broke up into inedible bits.
Have done sausages in it....very good for them.

stephec

Legendary Member
Tefal as in Tefal Actifry.......with a revolving paddle ?
We have one of those but when I tried fish fingers they just broke up into inedible bits.
Have done sausages in it....very good for them.
There's no paddle in it, it's one of the smaller ones that will just fit enough chips and whatever breaded/battered meat based accompaniment in the bottom. You're supposed to be able to pile stuff about three inches high, but I don't think it would cook very well piled on top of each other without proper air circulation around it.

This is the model, I got it on a limited time cheapo big river deal.

fairly new to this air fryer game (previously would have grilled sausages and bacon on the foreman) but wow, what a difference - sausages in the sir fryer and after 5 mins or so put the bacon on the grill :-)

I have had 2 air fryers

first was statis - you had to open it and stir after 1/2 the time
second was a tefal actifry which was much better

both got chucked out after a year or so because they started stinking of old fat - couldn;t clean them in any way

the actifry seemed better - but must have had condensed fat somewhere in the outlet system
my wife hates that smell which makes the whole thing impossible

the last few week I used the actifry on a stool in the garden on an extension!!!

Top Bottom