How do you keep it in the correct position?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have made several attempts to secure the star to the top of my Christmas Tree. However, it just flops forward at a very strange angle.

I have tried various ways of keeping it in a upright position, but as the top is very fragile, it will not stay in position. I do not want to keep readjusting it for the next fortnight, as this may weaken it.

What do you suggest I do?

Sticky tape?
Pipe cleaners?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
A garden cane tied up the length of the trunk and ending at the top would do it.;)

Willow

Speicher said:
I might want to change it next year, and superglue will mean I am stuck with the same one.

but the tree will be bare by next year so you'll need a new one of those too :blush: can you do anything with a bit of garden wire or coat hanger - where's Blue Peter when you need them.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Treacle - well it is an artificial tree. so I don't think there are any squirrels in there?

Blu tack, yes could try that!

Go to an angling shop and buy some 3lb line
Paint a thumbtack the same colour as the ceiling
Wrap the fishing line around the thumbtack; leave a tail
Put tack in ceiling
Tie fishing line tail to star
Wind up slack around thumbtack and star will come straight

Let us know how you get on :blush:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Sensible suggestion. One drawback tho'. There is a young cat in residence at Speicher Towers who likes to play with the tree.

How can I be sure that the tack is in tight enough to support the star, but not so tight that damage is caused when the tack is pulled out?

hmmmm. I shall contemplate the answer over a beer and a nice film and post the response later <shuffles off and hopes somebody else knows>

louise

Live with a wonky star and blame the cat, I haven't let my guineas near me tree yet though Sparky ran off with a Christmas decoration this morning and I am yet to find it, if he starts passing shiny poo I know where it went:blush::angry:

Top Bottom