How do you make a profit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Postman got a great deal out of a well known phone provider,i was coming to the end of my two year contract.I had a Blackberry curve crap phone,and i was going to a company with a much lower monthly contract,well the company upped their game,and i stayed.
So i fancied a flipcase cover stylus and cleaning cloth,a few views on't web and i get all three for £1-99p and free postage.
How can he make a profit on that,postage will be 60p.
Baffled,answers on a postcard please.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry should have read screen cover not cloth.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Trust me they do- phone contracts are outrageously expensive and phones are produced for pennies out in the east.

They make a nice tidy profit out of it otherwise they wouldn't do it- when people get the deals at the end of their contract - it's just reducing the amount of profit for you to sign up to another contract.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
With all of this kind of mass-produced tat, assume a 100x markup between the factory and the retailer and you won't be far off the truth - ie, if it sells in the high street for £1.99, it leaves the factory at 2p. That leaves a lot of profit to be divvied up between the various levels of the supply chain. Even at a 'highly-discounted' 'bargain price' of 49p, the same applies.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Trust me they do- phone contracts are outrageously expensive and phones are produced for pennies out in the east.

They make a nice tidy profit out of it otherwise they wouldn't do it- when people get the deals at the end of their contract - it's just reducing the amount of profit for you to sign up to another contract.
He's talking about the £1.99 screen cover! ;)

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
£1-99p Flipcase ,stylus and screen cover.
$(KGrHqVHJBEE-b5pZ0LGBPnmbOg8lg~~60_12.jpg

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
He's talking about the £1.99 screen cover! ;)

Hah-the joys of skim reading-it still stands, one part of the biz will be funding the other-it's like loss leaders in supermarkets.

These are purchased in bulk for a super cheap price and sold off for cheap.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It has arrived it's very good,well made i am impressed,and it's bright red,so i should not lose it or think where is it.

£1-99 a bargain.

Top Bottom