How does your other half view your cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beeankey

1. Just as enthusiastic if not more.
2. Occasional cyclist who also takes an interest and will listen to you chat about bikes, rides, routes and watch cycling on the telly with you.
3. Occasional cyclist but no more than that
4. See's it as your hobby as it's good to have separate interests and leaves you too it as it's "your thing"
5. Has absolutely no interest in it at all
6. Causes problems as they don't understand and resent the time and money you spend doing it.

I would say Mrs Beeankey is 3 and 4

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
'Bemused tolerance' probably sums it up.

lejogger

Guru
Definitely a 4... Probably with a bit of concern for how much I want to talk to her about it, especially in TDF season.

My best mate is recently married and his wife now expecting. Our weekly pub sessions where we get it all out of our systems have dwindled which obviously makes things much worse for her.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As long as she doesn't realise how much bikes can actually cost, she'll be fine.... :whistle:

Number 4 and encourages me as long as it doesn't impact on "us" time too much.

There are worse things to be out doing!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I took up cycling a few years after I got divorced, and as I'm still single years later (despite a few relationships in the intervening years), I don't have anyone to whinge on about standing the bike in the bath to wash it, fettling it on the workstand in the livingroom etc :dance:

Daughter couldn't care less when she stays every weekend - 13 and has refused to learn to ride a bike! Mind you, with my fixie kept in her room, I suspect she'll complain about that in a year or so....

MisterStan

Label Required
2 for the most part, I think she likes watching though, as i suspect she may have a thing for Mark Cavendish....
She's quite happy for me to get on my bike each day as it means she can have the car.

Top Bottom