How does your other half view your cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Probably a 4 but would like some more of my time post-LEL and she also gets quite worked up about the TdF (although not the TTT as that was "boring")

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
We would both class each other as number 1's lol. We have both only just started but love it...especially if we can get out together which isn't always easy with two younglings. If he uses GT-85 anywhere but the living room I have threatened to divorce him as I love the smell lol

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
My wife thinks I'm a very keen cyclist with a potential to compete in de Tour of France in a year or two. She definitely has an eye to spot talent.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mrs Ian is more then happy with my cycling hobby. For one it's overtaken the football as I used to go both home and away every match, UK and abroad and more often then not used to get home three sheets to the wind. I always used to say to her that I have been in love with Chelsea far longer then I have been with her ;)

Another thing is that in just over seven years I have lost 3 stone in weight and at 47 years old have become as healthy as a butchers dog. Which I need to be with a hyper 3 year old needing looking after. Both my parents died young and she doesn't want the same fate to happen to me.

She's happy for me to spend any money I have on my cycling hobby as long as it's MY money and not detrimental to the household. And believe you me I have spent a lot over the years. Every time I am looking at a bike online or in a mag she ask's if it's my next bike.

One day of the weekend is for cycling where I will be out most of the day. She's happy with that as it get's me out from under here feet.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
7. No other half.

I have to look in shop window reflections to view my cycling.:wacko:

Ciar

Veteran
My missus has never ridden a bike, she suffers from balance issues so as much as i mention our 15mth old daughter will hopefully want to ride a bike, it's not convincing her, she is fine with me riding as it's for me about fitness which she says is a good thing, not said anything about me commuting to work as in i don't like it so i reckon we are okay there. as for the N+1 i have gotten away with 2 bikes which do different jobs, and traded in a bike for the +1 so she was happy with that.......... now to buy a full suss.. . .. :blink:

BSRU

A Human Being
My other half thinks I'm a complete nutter at the moment due to waking up a dawn on the weekends and sometimes during the week to enable me to enjoy the very quiet roads.

Top Bottom