How does your other half view your cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
2 She mainly does it for fitness and we try and get out and ride together when we can.

fudgepanda

Mrs, F is a 3 I'd say. Her riding is definitely short range although she seems to have more leg power than me. However, she's a bit of an oxymoron.....I think, in as much as she's frightened of traffic and yet strangely confrontational as well. We were almost home the other day after a short (3 miles) ride when just after I turned into our street I heard her shout and turned to see an Audi A4 pulling out of the street in front of her. I went to unlock the gate while she rode a couple of hundred yards down the street. When she got back a few minutes later it seems that Mrs. Audi driver had gone round the block and attempted to engage my good lady in an objective, fair and balanced conversation regarding road manners and car/cycle etiquette. The latter end of the chat went something like:

"What do you look like in that stupid f*****g helmet on your stupid f*****g bike?"

"Much better than being a fat ugly troll in a chav Audi!"

It seems that the "lady" in the Audi decided to leave when Mrs. F got off her steed and picked it up about to drop it in through the open roof.

Well that was a giant leap forward for cycling/driving relationships

She rides an e-bike on the odd weekend foray, but can't understand why anyone (that is me!) would want to ride a "normal" i.e. pedal powered bike if they also have an e-bike of their own in the garage. So, overall she displays what was called "bemused tolerance" earlier in this thread.

The thing is - for many years I used to be a very keen canoeist and must have spent much, much more over the years on that. So, compared to that, cycling appears to be pretty cheap and sensible!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Same here Doc. MrsP takes very little interest, she just asks what time I am going to be back and lets me get on with it.:bicycle:
I did get her a bike some 15 years back, it is in the shed having done about 200 miles in total.

Well, we've done a few tours, and when I mentioned a possible Calais - Hook ride earlier I was offered a broom wagon, so that's cool. She does need a Brompton of her own though, rather than keep wanting to use mine...

Top Bottom