How does your other half view your cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She seems to think it's sweet. She goes to the gym (which she enjoys) and is fitter and in better shape than me.

After over twenty years of marriage, several years living together and three children, we still have separate bank accounts, few hobbies in common and differing political views.

She does ride a bicycle, but she can't see why somebody would want to talk about them.

She's much more interested in our middle child's training and racing, because he's one of her children. I find that sweet and adorable in her.

She recently did an impression of me when I was still commuting. "Poor average today, but I got to the top of that climb without dropping under 10mph... Managed the climb out of Blah-Town at 17.5mph... Did 26mph over the Motorway... Terrible headwind on the way in. A tractor came THAT close to me.... I prefer my tyres at higher pressures.... I'm going for a sleep. When's supper?"

She did the impression in a sort of droning pub-bore voice which she seems to have imagined out of nowhere. The children laughed, but it wasn't that funny. I think they were just being polite.

I love my wife.

Nick Stone

Def a 2 or 4.. She would be faster than neon the road and can beat people on the mountain bike tracks in Wales and has even spent two weeks riding Chatel and Morrzine, granted we lost her in Chatel when she went over a burm straight off the side of the hill, but she got back up (this was on a upgraded Scott Contessa, nothing fancy) she still dropped a couple of the downhillers on a few tracks. Also had to stopper riding 6weeks before we g married as she came off at Coed Brenin (excuse spelling) and gave her self black eye and bruises.

Waiting now for the baby to go then he's on a bike as well

Black Country Ste

Nobody's looked at me twice in over three years so it's all my own hobby with no interference. :becool:

The last one would have certainly disapproved, which is funny because she claimed to have a £10K bike in the garage that she won in some competition. Conveniently the garage was locked and her estranged father had the only keys.

rb58

Enigma
Mrs rb58 often says the three magic words that hold the secret to a successful marriage are "see you later". She sometimes raises an eyebrow when n+1 arrives, but only in jest. She's even got used to one bike living in the dining room. And she's even stopped laughing at me in my bib shorts. Perfect I'd say.

Stephen brown

Mrs rb58 often says the three magic words that hold the secret to a successful marriage are "see you later". She sometimes raises an eyebrow when n+1 arrives, but only in jest. She's even got used to one bike living in the dining room. And she's even stopped laughing at me in my bib shorts. Perfect I'd say.
Sorry for being a div, what is an N+1?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Mine is slowly coming round to accepting it as sometimes she says: "Are you going for a ride today?"
She still thinks I look stupid in lycra and moans about the number of jerseys I have. Last week, I rode past her as she was waiting at a crossroad in her car. She actually waved at me and gave me a smile. When we both got home later, she still said I looked stupid in lycra though, ah ah!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Mine is slowly coming round to accepting it as sometimes she says: "Are you going for a ride today?"
She still thinks I look stupid in lycra and moans about the number of jerseys I have. Last week, I rode past her as she was waiting at a crossroad in her car. She actually waved at me and gave me a smile. When we both got home later, she still said I looked stupid in lycra though, ah ah!
This about sums up OH and me. At weekends' she even suggests I can go for a ride while she gets on with the ironing.
Perfick.

Breedon

Legendary Member
My wife is number 4 so she let's me get on with it and some times watch's it with me,but she can be a number 6 as her reaction to me saying i'm saving up for a carbon next year she said WHAT ANOTHER :tongue:

asterix

Comrade Member
2 formerly 3. Likes watching the TdF apart from the crashes and was a regular utility cyclist who enjoyed commuting and shopping by bike. Sadly she is no longer able to ride and her bike sits dusty in the garage. Fortunately for me she is happy for me to go off on jaunts as before in return for car trips (she no longer drives much either).

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Definitely a 4.

She likes me doing things that I enjoy. My big passion is spending time in the mountains plus I am slowly getting back into cycling (3rd time in my 56 years) and she is happy that I am happy.

We don't have money issues and both spend what we want on whatever we want with no questions asked so the financial side never comes up.

Lovely Girl occasionally puts her foot down if I want our family holiday to be "another walking holiday".

Top Bottom