How does your other half view your cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donnydave

Über Member
2 for the most part, I think she likes watching though, as i suspect she may have a thing for Mark Cavendish....
She's quite happy for me to get on my bike each day as it means she can have the car.

Mine can't get enough of Cav when he's got his Brains glasses on

On the scale she's a 1er btw

Sandra6

Veteran
Mr6 is a definite no1.
We are both keen cyclists, but I am a utility cyclist and he's more about fitness. We do manage to enjoy cycling together though.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
None of the answers

He views it with complete and utter and total guilt as I gave up the car as it simply was a waste of money.

I was un-amused at first, he has not quite worked out yet that I am enjoying it as a mode of transport.

I may put him out of his misery when the Dutchie (or other choice) bike is in situ along with a weehoo igo pro ;) :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
'Bemused tolerance' probably sums it up.
Same here Doc. MrsP takes very little interest, she just asks what time I am going to be back and lets me get on with it.:bicycle:
I did get her a bike some 15 years back, it is in the shed having done about 200 miles in total.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hubby is a 1 on your scale. He was originally a 4 then became a 3 and then went down the 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em' route. He is now very enthusiastic about riding and is saving up for a nice Carbon bike now.

Kies

Mrs Kies is a 4, and borderline 5.
She appreciates it is a good sport , but doesn't like the constant buying of "bike stuff"

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My wife, the enemy, is a 1plus, she cycles more than me, for the last seven weeks she's has commuted to work
47 miles each way once a week. She has two bikes, a hybrid and a carbon roady.

gbb

Legendary Member
2 or 3 for mine...its a shame, she'd be a good pacey rider if she liked cycling more.
Although she has no 'enthusiasm' with bikes, get her on one and you don't hang about, she's not a pootler. I did actually get her out a couple time on one of my roadbikes (heavily adjusted to fit her)...and she certainly didnt disgrace herself, 10 to 15 miles is easy enough for her and i'm certainly not coasting much.
There's a competetive edge in her as well, she rides a ladies step through hybrid with 28mm tyres....i can tell, if she see's someone in front, :angry:...she's off. Seen her overtake plenty of fellas :becool:.

She's a bit of an animal :angry::gun::laugh: on a bike.

Top Bottom