How Drivers Kill Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shock horror as motorist caught with phone in hand.

Do you have any videos of cyclists with no lights at night?

Cyclists with no lights implicated in 2% of RTCs.

Drivers on mobiles implicated in 25% of RTCs.

Drago

Legendary Member
Make mobile phones and seatbelts banning offences like drink driving. Similarly, ban night cyclists with no lights from cycling for a year.

I'm not interested in statistics. I'm interested in getting to my destination alive, so I play every card in the safety deck. You won't catch me laying there, my thighbone sticking out while I shout "it was my right of way". Safety isn't someone else's problem.

Last edited:

Hip Priest

Veteran
With the amount of texting and phoning I'm seeing these days I thought it had been legalised and was being added to the driving test.
But then what the hell - we've saved enough money that we don't need to enforce laws any more, unless it's boob grabbing in a toilet on Big Brother.

Why have you used a thread about driving offences to trivialise sexual assault?

Reactions: mjr

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Make mobile phones and seatbelts banning offences like drink driving. Similarly, ban night cyclists with no lights from cycling for a year.

I'm not interested in statistics. I'm interested in getting to my destination alive, so I play every card in the safety deck. You won't catch me laying there, my thighbone sticking out while I shout "it was my right of way". Safety isn't someone else's problem.
how do you keep safe from a distracted driver ploughing into the back of you?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

You should be interested in the stats. It tells a different picture to that of your own bias. Unlit riders and RLJs from cyclists, although illegal, rarely kill or injure others. However you dont dissuade bad motorists playing with phones by playing into their distraction psychology or by investing in a talisman.

If they're not looking they wont see you regardless.

Top Bottom