How embarrassing!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Cycling to work this morning, I got about 5 miles in and a car starts blasting it`s horn behind me. Now, when this happens I have a quick look and if I don`t recognise the car it gets the finger or some other gesture. I didn`t know this car, so it got the finger. A couple of miles further up the road is a Tesco and a stupid road layout where 3 lanes bottleneck into one and it results in gridlock, so I thought I would have a word when I pass this car in the queue, to see what his problem is....................

I caught up with said car a few minutes later, ready for battle, and as I passed, something wash shouted out of the window, I decided not to stop because I thought better of it - I just hurled an expletive or two as I passed, just to make my opinion known. Then the penny dropped.............. I know that face:eek:

It was a guy I work with, dropping back a hire car, just giving me a toot to say hello!! I have been apologizing all day, and not lived it down, he found it hilarious - I wanted a black hole to swallow me up!!

coco69

Veteran
Whoops

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Some of my colleagues do the same, they normally get a similar response and spend the day laughing about it, whilst moaning about the Snday lycra louts and mis-understanding groups riding 2 abreats...

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I had someone beeping me on a busy narrow road. I pulled over, he pulled over and I said "what's your *&^%$ing problem' he said " please don't swear at me, you dropped something back there"
I dropped a pack of tissues. Oops.
I apologised and learnt a lesson!
Haha, easy done isn`t it!!

classic33

Leg End Member
He should be glad you didn't do what I did. Slapped the roof of a hire car, leaving a dent in it, when passed by someone who thought it'd be fun to come closer than usual as I'd not know the car.

classic33

Leg End Member
Wait till they pop the passenger window down and throw a pie at you:wacko:
I've had a nappy thrown at me. Stopped went back, picked it, caught them up(as I knew I would) tapped on the passenger window and thrown it back. Whilst reminding them about littering.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
This really unsettles me whereas my colleagues think it's just being friendly , iv told them , now it's worse !!
Yeah, one lad at work thought it was very funny to do after I'd asked them nicely not to, it took me quietly wandering up behind him in a corridor and bellowing MOVE down his ear without warning. It got the message over and only needed to be done once.

jim55

Guru
I got the worst, offender back he was in the works car park ( on foot , with back to me ) I was driving the works van , came up behind him to get him to move , just a wee toot and he jumped out his skin , I was pissing myself and added , try riding a bike at the same time lol

Top Bottom