How exciting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You'll be fine if you're using the old Virgin, now Avanti, service but if you're local beware of Northern Fail - they cancel lots of weekend services when the drivers are still sleeping off their hangovers.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Racing roadkill
As a plodder that manages 45 miles on a good day, at 12mph.....may I say I am pleased for you.
Can I also ask, how did that come about?
I realise there are (what I call) some serious cyclists on here but for you to get that invite sounds a bit special to me.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Racing roadkill
As a plodder that manages 45 miles on a good day, at 12mph.....may I say I am pleased for you.
I realise there are (what I call) some serious cyclists on here but for you to get that invite sounds a bit special to me.
Maybe he's employed by them or does lots of volunteering?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
You'll be fine if you're using the old Virgin, now Avanti, service but if you're local beware of Northern Fail - they cancel lots of weekend services when the drivers are still sleeping off their hangovers.
I’ve booked the cross country service from Southampton parkway to Manchester Piccadilly. Split ticketing brought the cost of it down by a tenner as well :hyper:. I’ve booked a room at the Travelodge near Salford Quays, so I don’t have so far to stagger ‘home’ afterwards ( the do is at Old Trafford cricket ground). I was up in Manchester a couple of years ago, when I lead a charity ride from the Etihad to St Mary’s so I ( sort of ) remember the lay of the land.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
@Racing roadkill
Even I’m not entirely sure what it’s about. I got an email from B.C. inviting me, something to do with the rides I’ve lead for them. I’m happy anyway. It should be a cracking night out, whatever.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are you sure Colin? No matter what the brand it will be the same bottom-of-the-barrel staff and the same poxy old pacers. Same as with the Avanti takeover of Virgin West Coast.
Northern will be gone, but who knows what the replacement company will or won't achieve...? (I am cynical about any changes too.)

Those grotty Pacers are finally being replaced. They still make appearances on the local line but less frequently, week by week.

Top Bottom