How far do you have to go before you are 'unfaithful'?

How far can you go with somebody else before you are unfaithful to your partner?

• Kiss on cheek

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Kiss on lips

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Open, passionate kiss

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Intimate body contact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very intimate body contact

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The whole way

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dax

Weird question!

infidelity, in theory anything that you do in that regard that you wouldn't happily tell your partner about then it's a kind of infidelity. There again, all relationships are different and unique. More important though is respect - if it exists within a couple then it's never a question that's going to arise.

It's balance, and trust.

I don't tell Mrs wrx everything I do, say, think - it would take too long and require too much explanation, so
'Anything happen at work today ?'
'No, not much'
Similarly I don't quiz her/expect her to tell me everything.

I might come-out with some sort of smutty double-entendre with some of the girls I work with, because they're married and 'safe', will take it the right way and give it back because they consider me 'safe' too.

I wouldn't tell Mrs wrx about this, don't consider it 'unfaithful' or 'disrespectful', because it's harmless.
If one day I misjudge it and suddenly it feels dangerous, I'll run a mile...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Faithfulness is becomming a thing of the past. Sex has now become a recreational activity rather than an act of commitment, I doubt very much if more than a tiny percentage of today's teenage population will go through life without cheating on a partner.

interesting. Little Miss and her mates (they're 15 to 16) put a very high premium on fidelity and (wait for it....) virginity. They're not the most representative group in the world, but they are some of the smartest.

But, to return to the point made by Barq and User. It seems unlikely that, given the range of culture at our disposal (I'm choosing my words carefully) that two people will meet and become twin souls to the exclusion of all other affect and stimulation. The question then is - where do the two individuals take it from there? And the answer lies in the preconceptions they bring to the relationship, give or take the growing or regressing within that relationship.

I'd argue that people have a responsibility to come to terms with their partner's affections. It may not be straightforward, but to presume that the person you meet and fall head over heels in love with will renounce everything that took them to where they are now is a bit far-fetched. Equally it's a bit presumptuous to imagine that you can carry on just as you did before.

The principal object of Mrs L's resentment is the lovely Lucia. I can understand that. Lucia is slim, shapely, responsive, uncomplaining and flawlessly smooth. Accessorized with Dura-Ace

OP
OP
spire

spire

To the point
simon l& and a half said:
interesting. Little Miss and her mates (they're 15 to 16) put a very high premium on fidelity and (wait for it....) virginity.

Little Miss is either very good at pulling the wool over her dad's eyes. or part of a very unrepresentative section of today's youth.

SamNichols

Not unrepresentative: the teenage experience cannot all be bundled into one homogenous lump, despite what the media told us. Sex is, to some extent, still one of the last taboos of society, especially to the young. There's so much stock placed in the sex act in this society that it is unsurprising that people can spend a lot of time avoiding it. A great number of my female friends waited years looking for the 'one', and a fairly good number were celibate until they married.
In fact, the amount of stock put in sex in this society, I believe, has led to a fairly hardened stance to it: whilst people are far more aware of it, and are bombarded by it, this has made a certain amount of young people (I speak from my own middle class experiences by the way) have actually got more conservative about it than their parents were.

spire said:
Little Miss is either very good at pulling the wool over her dad's eyes. or part of a very unrepresentative section of today's youth.

had you read my post you'd have seen my suggestion that they were, indeed, unrepresentative - but not only in that respect. They're taught to read the question carefully before emptying their heads of all their stray thoughts.

interesting. Little Miss and her mates (they're 15 to 16) put a very high premium on fidelity and (wait for it....) virginity. They're not the most representative group in the world, but they are some of the smartest.

That is of course the advantage of being privately educated, and not being forced to mix with the randy proles at the local comp.

OP
OP
spire

spire

To the point
had you read my post you'd have seen my suggestion that they were, indeed, unrepresentative - but not only in that respect. They're taught to read the question carefully before emptying their heads of all their stray thoughts.

And probably taught to think about the way the answer is structured too.

If you re-read my post perhaps you will be able to work out that the first part is a counterpoint or challenge to the second part.

Top Bottom