How far do you have to go before you are 'unfaithful'?

How far can you go with somebody else before you are unfaithful to your partner?

• Kiss on cheek

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Kiss on lips

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Open, passionate kiss

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Intimate body contact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very intimate body contact

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The whole way

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aperitif said:
What - between its ears? :tongue:;)

The Boars Head is a pub in Oswestry habituated by the morally wayward. I suspect that Mrs. Girofan, would not be happy to hear him say, "I'm just popping out for a quick on in the Boars." ;)

Fnaar said:
What if you have a sh@g with someone else, but think of your partner while you're at it? ;)

I reckon if you have a sh@g with your partner but are fantasising about them being someone else, that probably counts as 'being unfaithful' and it's a short road to ruin

(I mean where the 'someone else' is a real person you know, not someone-off-the-telly like Nicole Kidman/Kylie/Ann Widecombe/enter-your-fantasy-here : that's a bit dodgy and not good for your relationship but perhaps won't ruin it)

I've been in a very emotional, highly charged but not physically intimate relationship at the same time as being in a committed partnership with the lady who is now my wife. It was definitely emotional unfaithfulness and I spent a lot of time and effort in turmoil over it.

In my defence, I had fallen for the first lady before I met my wife, but had thought that I could manage the emotions, as she was married to someone else (that marriage only lasted a year, so there was lots wrong with their relationship too)

I stopped seeing the first lady when I realised how dangerous the situation was and how hurt my partner would be. I definitely made the right choice, but it doesn't stop me thinking "what if?" and occasionally dreaming about her.

I'd call that unfaithfulness, even though we NEVER had sex (came pretty close a couple of times).

Who was it who said that "the indiscretions you most regret are the ones that you don't commit"?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
How far do you have to go? ... 20 miles or so, mebbe? ;)

One of my fave Elvis Costello songs is about not having gone as far as you were tempted to... it's called "Just about glad" (lyrics here)
It has some great lines like:
"(I'm) the greatest lover that you never had"..

and
"Though the passion still flutters and flickers...
It never got into our knickers" ...
The Costellomeister at his best.

snorri

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
What Spire wants is an overwhelming vote that copping a bj from Tracey in accounts at the office party is in no way an act of unfaithfulness. He's hoping that this will convince Mrs. Spire. ;)

From what I have gathered in this thread up until now, the bj is ok, it's what's going on in his head at the time that matters.:tongue:
Or have I got that wrong:?:

OP
OP
spire

spire

To the point
snorri said:
From what I have gathered in this thread up until now, the bj is ok, it's what's going on in his head at the time that matters.;)
Or have I got that wrong:?:

So all I've got to do is think pure thoughts? :tongue::tongue::biggrin:

yenrod

Totally conclusive this aint it !

You can love someone in mind as much as body.

Relationships differ.

In the case of what Spires asking - its the 1st 'a peck on the cheek' as that implies much much more...!

How can it not...

Especiallly in the circumstances.

They - being 'a liking' or 2 people who are interested in each other !

It differs though on the circumstances.

Patrick Stevens said:
It's a £1 to go to the Draig Goch Lapdancing Club in Blaenau Festiniog. :tongue: And, you have to pay separately for the drinks. I just knew that we were being ripped off. ;)

Being in Wales, do sheep count, or does it have to be human interaction?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I would say open, passionate kiss too. Although these things will change slightly from person to person and relationship to relationship I've had a previous gf do that to someone else and it is the intent that matters and makes you feel stupid.

Johnny Thin

Kirstie said:
I read the results of an opinion survey once which found that of the people surveyed:
- where a man found his wife had been unfaithful, around 60% said they ended the relationship
- where a woman found her husband had been unfaithful, around 5% ended the relationship

not sure how to interpret this though...

It means that 95% of women have affairs so can't blame their husbands when they find out. But only 40% of men do.

Doesn't it say something in one of the Gospels (Mark?) that if you oggle a woman you have already committed adultery with her in your heart?

I'm sure there aren't any hard-and-fast (whoops!) rules, judge each case on its merits. If a woman is p1ssed off with her spouse she'll often put pressure on him by cavorting with someone else till he sees the error of his ways, then the bloke 'used' for this is left looking a sucker. And vice versa no doubt from the man's POV.

Top Bottom