How good are 10 year old unused bike shorts compared to the latest of the same price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just looked on ebay USA, you can get DHB shorts from Australia, inclusive of postage $49.99
You can get them even cheaper from the UK.
And what if they don't fit?

Buying clothes transcontinentally makes no sense to me, unless you know exactly what you are buying

OP
OP
Z

zeljdenis

Ok,so i've checked and the stores in my city have these brands for bib shorts : Specialized,Northwave,Sportful,Castelli,Craft and Benger and some other ones way above my budget.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Find some that fit, you may be a little limited, castelli and Sportful for example are 'Italian' sizing (i.e. An XXL is probably more like a medium)

Specialized as a US brand will likely be more generously cut

Roxy641

I've never understood why people are willing to buy items from another country when they can buy them from either a shop in their own country with no P&P to pay for, or a online company where they would pay a lot less than buying from another country. (With the exception of where companies that let you have free P&P). What is the deal with wanting to spend so much money when there is a viable alternative?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This bloke might be interested in those shorts.
tumblr_meg80yZwgK1qz9ddwo1_500.png

:laugh: ;)

OP
OP
Z

zeljdenis

They are not 'unused' then are they?
Correct , but i thought of them as "almost unused"...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
cloth can deteriorate of time even if not worn - loss of stretchiness for lycra, and even cotton can go sort of "brittle", quite apart from moths and shrinkage and such.

Hey my leather motorcyle gear, pretty robust stuff, was hanging up inused for 20+ years and had shrunk so much I could hardly get in it.

Joking aside wetsuits actually do shrink in that the rubber gets less stretchy so I'd not be suprised if lycra is similar

Top Bottom