How has your year been?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Apart from....about whom I could write thousands of words quite easily, but let's not (the best of times, the worst of times…no idea how she's doing, no contact since she gave me the very cold shoulder at the October FNRttC, an SMS I sent before Christmas remained unanswered, but I'll always love her & wish her nothing but happiness)…
Work: same old same old.
Cycling: just over 5,000 miles again. Ever so slightly down on last year, which was annoying, but what there was good. The absolute best night ride ever, the last (for now) Brussels-Ostend ride, Portsmouth-Bristol-Barry Island (179 miles), the glorious Fridays tour (plus three countries and umpteen border crossings on my rest day century), and the December century- one of the hardest rides of my life, but glad I did it.
Other stuff: a lot of great nights out, from Underworld at Ally Pally in March to Prodigy at Brixton last weekend…
More of the same [apart from…] for 2018 would be perfectly OK and certainly much less painful than some of you have had to endure.

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Awful year truly awful. Just about holding things together, living like I am homeless has been a challenge saving grace at least I have warmth and food although spent more time than I like sleeping in the car. Severe lack of cycling has hurt. Still just about holding everything together but that's been pretty hard. Still got my Wife, and family. My eldest is doing me proud at University, wants to save the world and thinks she can do it. A few problems with my middle Daughter and the youngest is flying at School.

So should be thankful for that at least, but if I am honest its hard to be thankful for much at the moment.

The year started badly with us losing our dear old mum in January but she had a good knock of 93. Eldest sister affected badly as she was mums main carer. Things improved for me work -wise after deciding 29 years and 9months was enough at the same company, so left for a new job at the end of September The only downside is that it's too far to cycle so i aint done much in the last 3 months.Heres wishing everyone a happy (or happier) 2018.:okay:

iandg

Legendary Member
That's the s**t of 2017 washed away. Joined the Stornoway Running Club for the annual NYE Flett Trek and sea dip and finished with a smile :smile:

38532971655_e8846c2afe_z.jpg

39411356871_2d8b35a952_z.jpg

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
A lot of ups and downs and a lot of changes with a new (and very different) job and moving home, some financial stress earlier in the year, a brief relationship which is sadly over now. A lot of positives to take from 2017 and it has been better for me than many who have posted on this thread but as I sit here alone on New Year's Eve I can't help but feel very alone in the world.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
In cycling terms, a quiet year until a rather splendid 1200k down to Perpignan.

Otherwise, finally finished house essentials. All rooms now functional and heated.

Got my (so far unused) bus-pass and started making retirement income provisions.

keithmac

Guru
After reading this thread I've had a good year!, still in work and house over our heads.

Both kids and wife happy.

Fnaar your daughter sounds like she's made of strong stuff, big respect and admiration to her for getting on with life; you should be very proud indeed!.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Hope you're feeling better now!, what was the outcome?.
Sobering tbh. I feel, and have always felt fine.

Fit and healthy has been replaced by simply fit, which is a pretty sh1tty outcome, having been assured I was both the former by one of the UK's top Cardio Consultants only 6 months ago. I took myself off for a 4.5 mile walk today, completed in an hour, which is pretty speedy, hence my comments about fitness, but it looks like I'm now a long-term medicator, sadly.

There were some back-handed compliments though - such as when a Consultant praises your heart's condition saying that with that degree of arrythmia most people would be having a word with St Pete or lying down calling for an ambulance, never mind carrying on with normal life before finally getting fed up and driving themselves to A&E when they tired of their heart's gymnastics keeping them awake for a second night :smile:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Awful year truly awful. Just about holding things together, living like I am homeless has been a challenge saving grace at least I have warmth and food although spent more time than I like sleeping in the car. Severe lack of cycling has hurt. Still just about holding everything together but that's been pretty hard. Still got my Wife, and family. My eldest is doing me proud at University, wants to save the world and thinks she can do it. A few problems with my middle Daughter and the youngest is flying at School.

So should be thankful for that at least, but if I am honest its hard to be thankful for much at the moment.
:hugs:

Top Bottom