How hot have you got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In South York I was on a melted road & the wet tarmac made a loud strange sound for miles, sticking me to the road.
I remember melted tar when I was a small child. One enterprising old character got rabbit droppings and rolled them in the melted tar. He then sold them to the gullible as old style country cold cures.
Sometime in the early 1940's I think.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
30 deg here. I am melting :heat:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
33.5°C today on Devon's Gold Coast.

There'll be a few lobsters on the beach today!

Highs of 29degrees today in Teesside. It’s too hot to be outside! Spent a few hours under a gazebo with the reflective sides up at relatives sitting in a chair and I was cooked! I don’t mind heat but not when it’s humid heat like today.

I’ve spent the rest of the afternoon at home, hiding inside and even though I wasn’t moving around I was still too hot! Two pairs of shorts, two T-shirt’s and now on my third.

si_c

Guru
Had planned to go for a longer ride today, cancelled it and waited until after 5 to go out once the temperature had dropped below 25°, the barometer in the conservatory was reading well over 30° with all the windows and doors open.

@si_c I have always wondered what is the point of a conservatory, too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter? Does the room see much use?

classic33

Leg End Member
Had planned to go for a longer ride today, cancelled it and waited until after 5 to go out once the temperature had dropped below 25°, the barometer in the conservatory was reading well over 30° with all the windows and doors open.
Was the thermometer reading War and Peace!

Top Bottom