How i educated a motorist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alun

Guru
FPC, it's certainly very public spirited of you to educate motorists in this way, even putting yourself in danger to prove a point to a single motorist. I afraid that one day the inevitable will happen and a car will run into you, and you will be seriously injured or even killed. I'd just like to express my gratitude whilst you're still here!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That is 2 knee jerk reactions I have found on this forum now:

1) I don`t wear a helmet on a bike.

2) Drivers actually pay road tax to drive wherever they want on the road.

I know if I want a reaction on here, I can use either of those sentences.

It was a flippant remark. I should have said that they are also road users and are allowed to drive on the road. Being an ex police officer i am aware that paying road tax does not allow free reign over the highway.

Steve

BSRU

A Human Being

It was a flippant remark. I should have said that they are also road users and are allowed to drive on the road. Being an ex police officer i am aware that paying road tax does not allow free reign over the highway.

Steve
Who pays this mystical road tax you mention?:ohmy:
Some drivers pay vehicle excise duty or vehicle tax but no-one pays road tax, well not since the before the days of dads army.
Note some drivers not all, many cars these days are zero rated for VED, so should they get of the road as well?

Alun

Guru

Steve
Talk of "Red Light Jumping" raises the temperature on here as well !

col

Legendary Member
I suppose we still have to buy a tax disk, even though its not all used for what it origionally was used for?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I suppose we still have to buy a tax disk, even though its not all used for what it origionally was used for?
It's still has it's orginal purpose. To see if a motorised vehicle is licensed to use the roads. It has had that purpose in the UK since 1920.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
AKB...Being an EX police officer, why should I need to know that road tax was abolished?

Have a guess where I have lived for the past 16 years? :rolleyes:

I really do not keep tabs on the laws of the land over there.

Steve

Top Bottom